Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2014, 05:14 PM   #21

That will do it. I did not know Sol Aire debuted in 2013.
Toddcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #22

Glad to hear that you have joined the Solaire team. I bought a 147x last summer. It was the same thing for us we liked the layout and the quality of the finishings. We have had some issues with ours keep an eye on the caulking around the frame for the bunk door our split when we slept on it so once I closed the trailer and we received a rain storm we had water ingress. They have replaced the door but while I was at the dealership I noticed many other palominos with the same issue.

We still really enjoy ours

Best of luck
Sabdives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #23

The 190x does not have bunks - but as with all new models I'm sure there will be issues. The snow we just got put me into reality that we're still a few months out.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:32 PM   #24

We are picking up our 2014 199x on 4/19. We are moving from a pop-up to the 199x. We bought a new 2013 Chevy Avalanche to tow it with. Too many people buy a TV then try to find a trailer to tow. There are too many dealerships that will sell you a expandable weighing 3000lbs saying your minivan will tow it. It is just wrong.

We have looked at several different brands and models but the deal we got at the RV show we couldn't pass up. We did look at the Roo’s but we like the Solaire 199x so much better. The location of the venting was also a big decision for buying this model. Everything is out the back don’t have to worry about sitting in front of a hot vent.
The dealer doesn't understand why they went from a lower weight 199x to a heavier 197.
DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:32 AM   #25

Brand new to the forum, but was just looking around to see if any other issues were similar to ours. We picked up our 2014 163X last July, and loved the few times we used it last year. This past weekend was our first outing for the summer ( believe me, I wish we could have gotten started a lot earlier! ) and we immediately noticed some issues. First was on the lower right rear corner, where a strip of sealer had come loose and has allowed enough water into the plywood floor that it has de-laminated and is spongy. Second is a small leak over the left side window over the couch. And the most noticeable, about 50% of the LED's on the scare lights aren't working. Taking it to the dealer this week to get it in under the 1 year warranty period, but just thought I would see if anyone else had similar issues?

Other than these, we love the camper, very comfortable for 2 adults and 2 to 3 kids!
CPSD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #26
Site Team

Why didn't you purchase the 2nd year FR factory warranty for only $150?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #27

The 2nd year wasn't offered through our dealer. No leaks on my 190x but trust me there were a ton of little things I've brought the trailer back to the dealer for - including the scare lights. I noticed little things along the way such as inside panels not screwed in, a ton of crap in the water lines and a crimp in the heating vent. Like you said - we love the camper, but a ton of things wrong for a brand new unit. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1404754682.349537.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	916.2 KB
ID:	57447

2013 Palomino Sol Aire 190X
Old 07-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #28
Site Team

Sounds pretty typical for today's RV industry, unfortunately.

It was available through your dealer, he just decided not to tell you about it so he could sell you a 3rd party extended warranty, that he makes a commission on.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #29

At pickup time our dealer said take it out a couple of times and make a list. That we did. We had an 1991 Palomino Pop-up (fold a wall) and never had any issues. I wish the same could be said for our 199x. h
- Water coming though speaker
- speaker support not attached or drilled properly.
- futon couch not anchored properly pulled out just testing out.
- seals on slide out not installed properly. Dealer order new seals for us.
- Debris blowing out of heater vent. Looked like animal nesting stuff.
- Shower wall not attached properly.

Looks like things are creeping up on us. We are very happy with configuration. The workmanship is over all not that great any more.

Wood in storage are is lite but not good quality so you have to watch what you store there because would slivers could be in them. I covered all the edges in one area with plastic corner edging.
DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:14 PM   #30

Contacted palomino directly and they are offering the 2nd year warranty through them - instead of the dealer. Dealer will be surprised.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:33 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddcee View Post
The 2nd year wasn't offered through our dealer. No leaks on my 190x but trust me there were a ton of little things I've brought the trailer back to the dealer for - including the scare lights. I noticed little things along the way such as inside panels not screwed in, a ton of crap in the water lines and a crimp in the heating vent. Like you said - we love the camper, but a ton of things wrong for a brand new unit. Attachment 57447

Nice looking trailer we are on the fence over the Solaire 190 or Roo 21SS and Roo 231KSS. A friend has a 2013 Roo 21SS and some minor issues except his floor glue came undone and with the summer heat the floor bubbles everywhere, that being said as much as I like Solaire I think quality on Roo's are a tad bit better and many more Roo dealers in the US so easier to get serviced IMO.

Ordering a Roo in January to get colors and options we like as it is just for 2 Adults

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums