Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2015, 07:38 AM   #1

Solaire 213x mods extra storage

Hello folks

Well my deal is done, 2015 213x is in my driveway waiting to go for the first trip which seems light years away. Love the new camper, ok there was a few other brands (especially the starcraft 239tbs) that i liked a little better with the must have 3 bunks for me, but when you know a sales manager you get better pricing. Dont get me wrong, i am very happy, this unit is beautiful and meets my needs. the u-dinette would have been nice but heck, we never hang out inside the camper. So really the only two items i did sacrifice for price are amount of storage and fully sewn in bunk ends.

the far end of my canvas is attached to the bed but the rest is Velcro. Just got it home 2 days ago and its winter again, snow and all, so i haven't played with my new toy yet. But i am going to attempt leaving all canvas Velcro down and see how it closes up. if the canvas is not in the way of closing up right then it would be one less hassle when setting up. Still better than my 05 Roo that had to be velcroed and strapped.

Storage is the bigger issue. This has a little less than my old Roo which we use to wish for more storage in. Maybe i am just packing too much but i like having what i need and want. its usually the food that we need more room for.

so anyone have the 213x that have done some mods to? i saw on here where someone hinged the front of the couch and slide tots under it, i see lots of room under there but have to play around to see if i can do it with mine. thinking about a cabinet in the bathroom over the toilet which is about the only available wall space. Have you shut your bunks with all canvas still attached.
bpa098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:27 AM   #2

U dinettes look like they seat more people than they actually do (knees get in the way). I think you are better off with regular benches unless you simply like the U look.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpa098 View Post
... saw on here where someone hinged the front of the couch and slide tots under it...
I know a few parents who would like to slide their tots under the couch at least occasionally. [emoji6]

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:24 AM   #4

Lol and lock them in lol
bpa098 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage, modifications