Old 07-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
Finally decided on our trailer!

After two summers of looking, we finally found a trailer that we all like and a dealer we feel really comfortable to deal with (just as important to us as the trailer choice is).

We are going to get a new Surveyor 192T Hybrid. I started out just looking for a large Pop-up tent trailer for weekend get aways, but my wife was dead set against a pop-up. I've done the tent trailer before (she has never camped) and really enjoyed the feeling of sort of still being in a tent, but more comfortable than being on the ground in a tent.

She feel in love with a larger Surveyor but I thought the trailer would be too much for my truck so we came to to 192T and are getting the best of both worlds for us

Now we just need our dealer to find one as they sold the one they had in stock (while we were trying to decide if we wanted it now or next spring). We may be waiting and getting one when the dealer makes their next trip down to Forest River. That is fine with us. I have seen the trailer on line at places a couple hours away, but like I said, we feel really comfortable with the local dealer (which is also just a couple blocks away from our home).

Looking forward to many years of fun camping!

rycej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
Congrations on finally deciding on a camper. My wife looked for 2 years to find one that met her needs. I can't tell you how many hours we spent at shows, on line and driving/flying from dealer to dealer. We went this past winter to a show to buy a specific model and ended up buying something completely different. If i never see another camping show, it will be too soon.

Happy camping

eshenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
Moderators' Assistant
glad you made your decision.
be sure to post in the Expandable/Hybrid section. there's a Surveyor sub-forum there for questions, info and discussions.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #4
Thanks for the comments.

I've had fun going around to all the different dealers and seeing the vast numbers of different trailers. Wow, there are a ton of them. But I am so glad we finally have one picked out.

I will post in the Hybrid section (I've been looking over there) when we actually get the trailer as I'm sure I will have lots of questions and comments to make.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
Congrats on making your decision to go with the Surveyor 192T Hybrid. I loved our previous hybrid, all the amenities of a TT but still has that open feeling.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #6
Well good news! Our dealer found us a 2014 a few hours down the road. It is being sent down tomorrow or over the weekend. Nice!!!!

Now we are really excited!
Old 04-01-2016, 11:46 PM   #7
Any update on how you like your 192t? We are picking up a 16' on Wednesday and feel much the same as you. Upgrading from a pop up and really like the outside feel of bunk ends but love the amenities of a tt. Let me know any advice you have!

2016 surveyor 192t
15 Chevy Colorado z71
Cambridge NY
benf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:13 AM   #8
Still love it and we are getting out in it more each season. When we don't go camping in it, my son, 11 years old, and I driveway camp on the weekends which is actually more fun than I thought it would be.

I purchased the "Popup Gizmos" for the ends to give a little more darkness in the morning and also help keep the ends cleaner. They work fantastic and are well worth getting.

Enjoy your new trailer!

2013 F150 v8 4x4 Supercab
2014 Surveyor 192T