Old 06-26-2015, 05:39 AM   #1
Leaking window

Hello all
I have a 2004 Surveyor 21T hybrid, which I have had since new. Love it! It wasnt used last year and now I am getting ready for a 3,500 mile trip. I am noticing water coming in the one sliding window beside the entry door. I cant figure out how...but it pools in aluminum grooves at the bottom of the frame. The window is shut and locked...the wall above it is dry and the glass feels dry, so I assume the problem is the seal between thw windows.After the dealer did some work they washed it and I had quite a flood..I was upset because I thought they hadnt closed the after some rain I am not so sure..
Has anyone else had or solved this problem?

toad on the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:53 AM   #2
Sorry to hear about your water problem. I know that on mine, not sure about yours, there are groves on the bottom of the track that allow water/moisture to drip out to the outside of the trailer. Sometimes our windows sweat when its cold outside and hot inside so the condensation drips down into the track and out through the grooves. I find sometimes these get clogged with debri so I use a tooth pick to clean out the channel and all is well.

If this isn't the case for your trailer I would check the outside window frame and see if your caulking has deteriated or is missing in some spots. If that is the case I would remove the old caulding and put down a new bead of Clear PermaFlex around the entire window frame.

Word of caution this stuff is hard to work with so you will need to dip your finger in a little bowl of pain thinner to produce a nice smooth bead around your window.

After this I think you should be set. Hope this helps some.

My 2014 Wildwood didn't have any caulking around any of the windows and the dealer said it didn't need it. Knowing how water penetration can ruid a trailer very quickly I went ahead and applied a bead of sealant around all the windows anyway.

Hope you get your water situation resolved. Happy Camping....
2014 Wildwood 300BH
2014 Ford Explorer XLT
2011 Ford F350 FX4
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is online now   Reply With Quote