Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #1

Questions for a new Surveyor owner

RE: 2007 Surveyor 210T

I looked in this forum but did not see anything about this. Today we put water in the tank, pumped a bit here and there and turned on the outside shower (which leaks)

Under the water tank is a blue hose that hangs about 8" below the trailer. It has a grey cap on it, I assume this is how to drain the tank, but when I opened it, no water came out. Is this not the drain?

There are also a red and a blue hose at the back, are these to drain the lines our for winterizing?
camper22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #2

I'm just going to build on my original topic - more 'stuff'

We finally got out camping and loved the 210t! It pulled heavy but not overwhelmingly so.
Couple things:
1. The furnace is really loud! Our popup had an Atwood that made noise but this thing sounds like a banshee. Anything we can do to quiet that?

2. Bunkend. I wish it was bigger and softer! Going to need to 'pad' that sucker. What kinds of mods are there for that?

3. Overhead fan, fan light and light under the upper cabinets above the sink did not work. All breakers looked good (we were plugged in). Where should I look to trouble shoot that?

4. I need to get up and do some touch ups to the caulking on the roof, there are some cracks in the stuff that is there. What is the best way to clean what is there so I can apply over top?

Thanks in advance, I am a pretty new trailer owner and want to be SURE on HOW to properly maintain it - rather than ruin it....
Old 08-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Here are some thoughts for you ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper22 View Post
I'm just going to build on my original topic - more 'stuff'

We finally got out camping and loved the 210t! It pulled heavy but not overwhelmingly so.
Couple things:
1. The furnace is really loud! Our popup had an Atwood that made noise but this thing sounds like a banshee. Anything we can do to quiet that? Can you describe the noise of a banshee a bit more? Is that a whistle? Our furnace is loud, but doesn't seem out of the ordinary.

2. Bunkend. I wish it was bigger and softer! Going to need to 'pad' that sucker. What kinds of mods are there for that? Most people like Memory Foam. We have a 1" and a 2" for two of our bunks.

3. Overhead fan, fan light and light under the upper cabinets above the sink did not work. All breakers looked good (we were plugged in). Where should I look to trouble shoot that? These lights and fan are 12 volt items. Did you check the appropriate fuse? I don't have a Surveyor, but my Shamrock has a "light" switch that controls the light above the sink. It doesn't control the light and fan above the stove, though. Another Surveyor owner hopefully chimes in here.

4. I need to get up and do some touch ups to the caulking on the roof, there are some cracks in the stuff that is there. What is the best way to clean what is there so I can apply over top? I use Murphy's Oil Soap to clean the roof and then grab a tube of Dicor Self-Leveling caulk (or the equivalent Alpha product) and a caulk gun to maintain the seams and seals. Look here in our downloads section for further instructions - Awnings, Roofs and Exterior. Not sure if your roof is EPDM or TPO. Whatever you use, do not use petroleum-based cleaners.

Thanks in advance, I am a pretty new trailer owner and want to be SURE on HOW to properly maintain it - rather than ruin it.... Glad to hear this. Maintenance is number 1 for us. You will avoid lots of heartache down the road with regular inspection and upkeep. Good luck and let us know if you have any more questions.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Here are my thoughts on your original posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper22 View Post
RE: 2007 Surveyor 210T

I looked in this forum but did not see anything about this. Today we put water in the tank, pumped a bit here and there and turned on the outside shower (which leaks)

Under the water tank is a blue hose that hangs about 8" below the trailer. It has a grey cap on it, I assume this is how to drain the tank, but when I opened it, no water came out. Is this not the drain? Pictures might help with this one to understand where the hose is attached. This might be an overflow tube, but why would it be capped?

There are also a red and a blue hose at the back, are these to drain the lines our for winterizing? Exactly

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies, we just went out for our second trip in the (new to us) 2007 210t trailer.

The hose under is indeed the fresh water tank drain, it must not have had enough water in it when I opened it the last time. I opened it with a tank 2/3 full and it was draining water. I left the cap off for the drive home to get as much out as possible.

The furnace is still loud, its much louder than our old tent trailer furnace but it puts out heat! I was thinking of spraying some silicone spray in there in case any moving parts need lubricating.

Still have to work on the hood fan, hood fan light and the little light under the kitchen cupboard. I do not see any blown fuses in the 12v side - I will have another look.

I am really liking this trailer, tons of room for all, pulls pretty good behind the Durango, but my Sierra 1500 is the first choice for pulling. Last thing I need is a Weight Distribution Hitch, with only one trip, I am going to wait at keep looking for a less expensive one.....

I am already thinking of the winterizing as its going to be very new to me....... if anyone has Surveyor specific tips or video's I'd be very appreciative