Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 9
Extended warranty

Just brought a freedom express 21tqx by coachmen . Any one have a opinion on extended warranty ,good ,bad about 1500.00 for 7 years seems to cover if items?
__________________

__________________
Mhigginbotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,512
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Freedom Express. Most will tell you to take that $1500 and put it in a savings account to use if/when you need to repair/replace something. Even with todays lousy interest rates you'll probably be ahead. It your camper is new from a dealer you already have a one year manufacturers warranty plus the individual component warranties.
__________________

__________________
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,296
i believe extended warranties like that, are a waste of money.
since you have the factory warranty and most of the expensive things have their own separate manufacturer's warranty, if you have issues, they should show up before they expire.
__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: X
Posts: 2,781
You can also purchase a second year warranty from Forest River for $150 (but you have to do it immediately). That one is worth it.
__________________
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Freedom Express. Most will tell you to take that $1500 and put it in a savings account to use if/when you need to repair/replace something. Even with todays lousy interest rates you'll probably be ahead. It your camper is new from a dealer you already have a one year manufacturers warranty plus the individual component warranties.
Thanks
__________________
Mhigginbotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
i believe extended warranties like that, are a waste of money.
since you have the factory warranty and most of the expensive things have their own separate manufacturer's warranty, if you have issues, they should show up before they expire.
I was thinking the same thing thanks
__________________
Mhigginbotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Rebel702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV & Joplin, MO
Posts: 356
FR 2nd Year Warranty Form

Attached is the form.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NEW EXT.WARR.pdf (720.8 KB, 169 views)
__________________

Rockwood Windjammer 3002W (11/10/2011)
2011 Sierra Denali HD - Duramax/Allison
EQ-4, 14,000/1,400
2006 Yukon Denali
Rebel702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #8
MI Camperz
 
bodzcampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,640
Yep! From the zillions of threads I've read, most agree to pass on the expensive extended warranties, but definitely get the extra year for $150 from FR, but the dealers often don't mention that it is available.
__________________
MI Camperz
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel702 View Post
Attached is the form.
Thanks
__________________
Mhigginbotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
Yep! From the zillions of threads I've read, most agree to pass on the expensive extended warranties, but definitely get the extra year for $150 from FR, but the dealers often don't mention that it is available.
My dealer did not mention this I sign paper today an will put on the second year thanks
__________________

__________________
Mhigginbotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 PM.