Old 07-26-2016, 11:28 AM   #1
Floor bubbling on 23 TQX

We bought a 2017 Coachmen 23 TQX expandable trailer in April, 2016. We took it on a trip to Mount Rushmore/Yellowstone and it worked well. However, there were several issues with it:

-Trim came loose in two different places
-Seal around the slide came lose
-Step inside broke when my wife stepped on it (last night of our trip)
-Accessory jack for the fan/light in the back did not function from the beginning
-Shower head was broken.

It took our dealer 2 weeks to get it in for repairs and over a month to repair it (Skaggs RV in Elizabethtown, KY).

We finally got it back a few weeks ago and took it on a trip this past weekend. We had two issues identified during the trip-the oven was not functioning properly and there is a hook that needs to be replaced inside.

My main concern/question for the group is, this though. When we got it back to our storage lot after a 6 hour drive, there was a large bubble in the vinyl floor (perhaps 3 or 4 feet around). I called the dealer today and was told that this is normal expansion due to the heat since the floor is only glued/attached at the edges.

Is this the truth? I want to get a second opinion. I have a meeting with legal on post tomorrow to discuss if this falls under the federal lemon law as well. My next step is to file a complaint with the better business bureau. I've already contacted Coachmen who told me they would try to find out the status.

The dealer told me it would be August 17th before they could get it in for service. I'm very frustrated at this point and am leaning towards trying to get my money back. Any advice on the floor and/or overall situation is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

william.reinstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:01 PM   #2
I doubt your issues will qualify under any sort of lemon law. Usually, it is three repairs for the same problem, and even then, I think it is pretty hard to enforce.
Sounds to me like typical new unit issues. None of them seem that major to me. I can't speak about the floor bubble though. It is normal for there to be some expansion, contraction in sheet vinyl in an environment that seems temperature extremes. I've never seen that issue in my unit, but I have heard of people finding rips in their flooring after a cold winter. I'd try cooling the unit down for a good long time and see if the buble resolves itself. If not, I'd live with it and then bring it in for repair at the end of camping season so you aren't out the use of your TT for a long time.
2016 Roo 21SS
2005 Ford Excursion-Sherman
Mods so far:
PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
karrun is offline   Reply With Quote