Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2019, 12:11 PM   #1
LIW

Front Bunk Hinge area leak

I am working on 2 leak areas on my 2014 Coachman Freedom Express 21 tqx hybrid. My question is how do i fix water coming in at the bottom hinge area of the front bunk (not an issue in the other 2 beds)?

Some add'l details:

-Picture #1 shows my 2nd leak area which is my concern - not sure how to keep water out of here? Is this a Rubber Seal issue or something else? There is no apparent delamination in the fiberglass from what i can tell currently (hope i didn't jinx myself)

-Picture #2 shows the leak area from the outside looking in with the bed open

-Picture #3 shows the inside canvas that is rotting - i'm planning to sew in a new piece of canvas to replace this, but am open to other ideas the forum may have?

-Picture #1 also shows my 1st leak area at the top of the bunk - i have added some padding to the latch pad on that side to make it a bit more snug - this resulted in no water coming in from this area after a heavy rain - i may also replace the seal which is very recessed/depressed in this top left area

Appreciate any insight from the forum. I had posted a much less detailed thread on the Coachman forum when i first bought the camper but wanted to come back with better and more detailed pictures and a description in hopes of more insight.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cpr5.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	361.7 KB
ID:	199568   Click image for larger version

Name:	21TQXcanvas1.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	408.4 KB
ID:	199569   Click image for larger version

Name:	21TQXcanvas2.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	261.9 KB
ID:	199570  
LIW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:31 PM   #2

Sorry, I don't have any fix it yourself expertise to help you. Fortunately, I have never had a problem like that with my hybrid and looking at mine, I am not sure exactly how water stays out other than the seals around the door frame.

Given that you haven't received any responses from handy people, I would try the Contact Us on the Coachmen website or call the factory to see if someone there would be willing to assist you.
They will probably want your year, model, VIN and the pictures.

Good luck.
2011 Chevy Traverse (traded 2018)
2014 Solaire 147X (traded 2019)
RamsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunk, leak