Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2019, 06:18 PM   #1

Mattress in our 15RB Hybrid sucks.

Has anyone found a way to replace the 3" thick "almost a mattress" that is in their hybrid trailer?
Our mattress is just a bit on the thin side. The rear mattress has a seam so it can fold and still tuck into the folded space when we close up.
Coachman Clipper 15RB
MtBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:20 PM   #2

a common topic. Mattress toppers cut to fit are the common cost effect solution to a more comfortable mattress.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:50 PM   #3

We purchased a Lucid memory foam on Amazon, 10 inch for around $200. It is a queen short so it fits perfect. Love it so much we bought one for home
sunnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:54 PM   #4

Mattress toppers work great. We used one in our old TT. Our Hemisphere came with a Denver Mattress and it is great.
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:14 PM   #5
RV There Yet?

You can try those foam squares that lock together. Try putting them under it. Made a big difference on our popup
Old 02-15-2019, 11:28 PM   #6

Rather then use a topper, I went for the 1 1/2 inch or maybe 2 inch ripple foam pad that costs maybe $20-$30 bucks to place on top of the 3 inch folding HEATED mattress that came with the camper. I have three tip-out beds. The side and rear will fold with the pads in place with the foam held in place by mattress pads over the mattress, but the front will not fold up. I bought a zip mattress cover at Meijer as I recall to allow me to encase the foam. I then put a mattress pad over the foam and mattress to hold it all in place. When leaving, I roll the pad and foam in a roll and secure with a bungee cord. Then pull it off and put it on the dinette.

The heat still comes up through the pad on cooler nights.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 01:26 PM   #7

We tried the foam topper, was disappointing. We bought an air mattress with built in pump.

Jim & Kathy
Bailey, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
Gracie, a rescued Beagle
2007 Chevy Tahoe
2008 FR Surveyor 233T
JimChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:05 PM   #8

Same here.
RFGTLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:33 PM   #9

better mattress (IMHO)

DW & I got a new Rockwood recently. love everything about it, well almost, except the slab of concrete they call a bed. we layed on it when we got home for about 5 minutes and both decided that it must be replaced. we checked around and found a great solution on Amazon. It's called a Zinus, yeah we never heard of them either. It arrives as an extremely compressed bunch of foam. After a few hours it completes its self fluff thing and is absolutely wonderful. We've slept on it a few nights and couldn't be happier. Here's the link for you:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
norcal46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:14 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal46 View Post
DW & I got a new Rockwood recently. love everything about it, well almost, except the slab of concrete they call a bed. we layed on it when we got home for about 5 minutes and both decided that it must be replaced. we checked around and found a great solution on Amazon. It's called a Zinus, yeah we never heard of them either. It arrives as an extremely compressed bunch of foam. After a few hours it completes its self fluff thing and is absolutely wonderful. We've slept on it a few nights and couldn't be happier. Here's the link for you:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This thread is in the Hybrids and Expandables section.
The OP owns a hybrid TT.
Hybrid beds have to be folded in half or use an air mattress.
The mattress you linked, won't work.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:20 AM   #11
Canadarago

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBiker View Post
Has anyone found a way to replace the 3" thick "almost a mattress" that is in their hybrid trailer?
Our mattress is just a bit on the thin side. The rear mattress has a seam so it can fold and still tuck into the folded space when we close up.
Coachman Clipper 15RB
We have a 151THX with same brown concrete slab mattress. We've had luck with a mattress topper from Kohls. We use two of them, one in top of the other, and they make a big difference. They roll up to hatbox size. Cost for each runs up to $50 for a king, but they're often in sale for $35-36.

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-33...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 05-10-2019, 07:34 PM   #12
Canadarago

Oops.

Checking through this thread again and I realized I put in the wrong model number for my hybrid. It's a 151RBX, not a 151THX. I must have been thinking of a hybrid with a very advanced sound system
Canadarago is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hybrid