Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #1

12 volt power issue

We have a 2012 XLR 29MBV Viper Toy Hauler. When we un-plug the shore line we do not have 12 volt power. Talked to Diane at Forest River sales / warranty dept. and she said it was the "breaker switch" at the front of the trailer on the frame, I looked under the trailer and there was a pannel with 4-5 switches not sure what one it is. anyone ever have this issue? any help would be great. Thanks!
daltonfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

could you take a pic ?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Take the cover off the battery box. Trace the positive, lead and see where it goes. I've never seen 4 or 5 switches under the tongue of a trailer, but haven't seen an XLR yet. There are usually at most 3, one for 12 power, one for slides, and one for landing gear on a fifth wheel. Can't imagine 4 or 5. Also never seen them mounted in a panel, and never seen anything I would call a switch. Just a circuit breaker with 2 lugs, large wires on each end, and a reset button that you can never find. Of course I try not to claim to have seen it all.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #4

Looks like behind every connector pole is a fuse/breaker but not sure which is bad, how do you tell which bad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	951_0780.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	12659  
Old 04-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

get your multi meter out and test both side of relays .
IF you don't have one then invest in one . With a camper you will need one !
Old 04-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Looking at the picture, the top right is the wire coming from your battery. That feeds the buss bar, that makes everything hot. The one that would go to the converter, to provide the trailer with 12 volts is the bottom left one, I think. It will be a large wire, 8 gauge or so, about the same size as the top right one, which I am pretty sure comes from the battery. I do see what I think is another large wire on the bottom right, hard to tell from the picture. It might just be part of the wire from the bottom left post, and the other bundle has it hid. You could try resetting them all, doesn't hurt anything. Small usually black button, on one end. May have to push it with a toothpick.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #7

First, want to say Thank You to everyone helping us with our 12 volt issue on our 2012 XLR Viper. We did finally resolve the issue, turns out there was a switch behind the battery.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonfreedom
First, want to say Thank You to everyone helping us with our 12 volt issue on our 2012 XLR Viper. We did finally resolve the issue, turns out there was a switch behind the battery.
Lol nice!

Tags
12 volt