Old 04-07-2015, 03:37 PM   #21

Steve

Yes I've been to suburbans website and then some -- fact are facts can't argue with manufacturers label FR screwed up!

And here's a piece of info too on the sandstorm, shockwave, Stealth Trailer Toy Haulers they are all spec out w a 30,000btu furnace - go figure they are smaller TH w bigger furnace installed - scratching my head on that one.

Old 04-07-2015, 03:51 PM   #22

Play Harder,
It does seem odd that a smaller trailer would have a larger furnace. But "maybe" they are more expensive lines?

Old 04-07-2015, 10:31 PM   #23

Good to know. Thanks.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:23 PM   #24
XLR Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Harder View Post
Take the metal cover off the furnace 2 screws and the label is there looks like this //

Attachment 73436

Also check the walk thru dinette couches - they have 4 legs on them to support when in use as bed - all 4 should ouch the ground when in bench. In full down position - some how I only got 2 adjustable legs and 2 legs that are not so those 2 are too short..

I sent a message to BB on my warranty concerns and haven't heard anything - just filed my concerns with RVW yesterday-

guess we will get to review how both handle a warranty issue soon.

The happy jack lower limit switch needs to be lowered and the adjust the legs accordingly. This is something the dealer will be able to fix for you.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:33 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Harder View Post
Take the metal cover off the furnace 2 screws and the label is there looks like this //

Attachment 73436

Also check the walk thru dinette couches - they have 4 legs on them to support when in use as bed - all 4 should ouch the ground when in bench. In full down position - some how I only got 2 adjustable legs and 2 legs that are not so those 2 are too short..

I sent a message to BB on my warranty concerns and haven't heard anything - just filed my concerns with RVW yesterday-

guess we will get to review how both handle a warranty issue soon.
Picked up mine today . seems this will get interesting . i had a furnace episode today .they contiune to show this as a 20,000 btu furnace . after pulling the plate off and showing them otherwise things got a little hot on the dealers part . seems just the mention of inaccurate info gets them heated up in Self defense mode . Had the Forest rive rep on the phone and he had nothing except it's what the name of the furnace is 20,000 btu lmao
i had the furnace going with the cover and plate off and the amount of heat coming out was great , untill I put the cover on then hardly nothing at the registers . so this unit is a bit lacking in the performance department and is only 19,000 input . that how much engery it uses . only puts out 14,400 btu
Old 04-08-2015, 08:46 PM   #26

Not that it matters but even if they make good and get you a true 20k btu heater gaining another 1k btu is not gonna even be noticeable. By chance have you looked at the flexible duct lines. A lot of guys report there smashed or fell off, etc.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:59 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
Not that it matters but even if they make good and get you a true 20k btu heater gaining another 1k btu is not gonna even be noticeable. By chance have you looked at the flexible duct lines. A lot of guys report there smashed or fell off, etc.
Agreed...

1k will make no difference and on the warranty part, even if it was 20k intake and not output rating, FR will just say that is what their advertising was referring to.

Nothing is perfect no matter how much we pay. For example, when I bought my wife's snowmobile in 2011, it was the most expensive on the market at that time.... a Yamaha Apex. Was about 14k retail, although I paid less. It was not ride-able in factory form. Completely dangerous with the front end darting all over the trail. There were other issues as well although, I did know this going in. So, I had to spend $1500 to make the sled safe and since it's been a rock of stability and comfort. I can tell a story similar about every toy I own, and I have a lot of them. Sleds, ATV's, bikes, PWC's, and even my brand new RV. This isn't a one size fits all purchase. Everyone has different needs and the weak points for each owner will be different. We all will have something we need to address with our purchase. The only problem is when you don't take this into consideration going in. Then expectations aren't going to be met...
Old 04-08-2015, 08:59 PM   #28

Quote:
Also FR ligature states it comes with a 20000 btu furnace mine came w a 19000btu input value and is only rated output is only rated at 14440 btu with 2 vents hooked up not 4 - with 4 it's output is more like 10000 btu - this is why it can't heat the TH now you might think I'm being a stickler over furnace but if you put it in you specs as a 20000btu furnace you better put a 20000btu furnace in.
If you read the small print on the literature that FR put out the final statement says it all. FR can change specs at any time with out notification.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
If you read the small print on the literature that FR put out the final statement says it all. FR can change specs at any time with out notification.
Oh, and this^^^. I forgot to include that but intended to the whole time I was typing my post....LOL...
Old 04-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post

Have not and the issue isn't that 1000 btu will or will not make a difference . The issue is the advertise and listed it as 20,000 btu . both the maqnfuture and the dealers . have you ever heard of false advertising ? if it's 19,000 then list it at 19,000 , not 20 . i expect to get what i pay for as do most others . That's the issue . will see how it gets handled