Old 04-08-2015, 09:04 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
Picked up mine today . seems this will get interesting . i had a furnace episode today .they contiune to show this as a 20,000 btu furnace . after pulling the plate off and showing them otherwise things got a little hot on the dealers part . seems just the mention of inaccurate info gets them heated up in Self defense mode . Had the Forest rive rep on the phone and he had nothing except it's what the name of the furnace is 20,000 btu lmao
i had the furnace going with the cover and plate off and the amount of heat coming out was great , untill I put the cover on then hardly nothing at the registers . so this unit is a bit lacking in the performance department and is only 19,000 input . that how much engery it uses . only puts out 14,400 btu

I got a response from FR today that basically says it allways been this model and they did not know the model had changed to a 19000btu - I haven't had a chance to discuss what my feeling are on this but you would think FR would know by Now - I'm not going away on the furnace - if I hadn't order the extreme weather package - I might say ok but if your gonna sell an extreme package it should be able to get the temp up to 70 and keep it there in 30 and below --- I don't think 30 in reality is even considered extreme....

I was also told FR has no complaints about users in Michigan, MN and Dakota ect..... don't have any complaints there 20000 btu furnace must a special model

I'm not the only person on this forum that has stated that the furnace in the XLR Hyper Light 29 will not heat the THe TH to 70 if the temp drops below 40 and zero chance of the garage getting even close. If there is no problem then why is every one buying portable heaters for their TH?

I am definitely not the only person not satisfied w the furnace -

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!

Old 04-08-2015, 09:05 PM   #32

Quote:
Have not and the issue isn't that 1000 btu will or will not make a difference . The issue is the advertise and listed it as 20,000 btu . both the maqnfuture and the dealers . have you ever heard of false advertising ? if it's 19,000 then list it at 19,000 , not 20 . i expect to get what i pay for as do most others . That's the issue . will see how it gets handled
See Caper's post. No leg to stand on. Things changed from when I ordered my rig to when I got it. It's the nature of the business.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:05 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
Oh, and this^^^. I forgot to include that but intended to the whole time I was typing my post....LOL...
The problem with the, can change specs at any time ,BS is when a purchase is happening if the specs are not changed then they have a obligation to provide what they list . not after the fact . i brought my unit in early February.Specs are still listed at 20,000 btu today . if they wish to change their specs sheets now and show 19,000 btu . that won't effect me they have a LEGAL obligation to deliver what is advertised weather it's 1000 btu or 100
Old 04-08-2015, 09:07 PM   #34

Quote:
The problem with the, can change specs at any time ,BS is when a purchase is happening if the specs are not changed then they have a obligation to provide what they list . not after the fact . i brought my unit in early February.Specs are still listed at 20,000 btu today . if they wish to change their specs sheets now and show 19,000 btu . that won't effect me they have a LEGAL obligation to deliver what is advertised weather it's 1000 btu or 100
This is not a FR specific policy. It's the way of things with every manufacturer in the industry. I get it that you are surprised but having bought many new rigs in the past, let me assure you, it's the norm.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:14 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Harder View Post
I got a response from FR today that basically says it allways been this model and they did not know the model had changed to a 19000btu - I haven't had a chance to discuss what my feeling are on this but you would think FR would know by Now - I'm not going away on the furnace - if I hadn't order the extreme weather package - I might say ok but if your gonna sell an extreme package it should be able to get the temp up to 70 and keep it there in 30 and below --- I don't think 30 in reality is even considered extreme....

I was also told FR has no complaints about users in Michigan, MN and Dakota ect..... don't have any complaints there 20000 btu furnace must a special model

I'm not the only person on this forum that has stated that the furnace in the XLR Hyper Light 29 will not heat the THe TH to 70 if the temp drops below 40 and zero chance of the garage getting even close. If there is no problem then why is every one buying portable heaters for their T

Get out and Play Harder😛

2008 Can Am Spyder
\

I'm not going away on this issues either
Old 04-08-2015, 09:17 PM   #36

FR still hasn't changed it spec sheet -- it's the combination of the furnace and paying for an extreme weather package that is my issue.

And FR does have the right to change an appliance at their convenience -- BUt here is the kicker FR must disclose that information before the Purchase - It was not.

Get out and Play Harder😛

2008 Can Am Spyder
Old 04-08-2015, 09:18 PM   #37

Quote:
This is not a FR specific policy. It's the way of things with every manufacturer in the industry. I get it that you are surprised but having bought many new rigs in the past, let me assure you, it's the norm.
It maybe the norm and may be accepted but it still illegal . i will not accept it and neither would a judge
Old 04-08-2015, 09:20 PM   #38

Actually, as Caper pointed out, it's always on their website that things can change without notice. And, yes, they can change things at their convenience accordingly. I watched Heartland do the same during the three years I owned one of their products. Their website was never currant. Do I think they could do better? Yes. Is yours a unique situation? Nope. It is what it is.... industry wide.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:22 PM   #39

Quote:
See Caper's post. No leg to stand on. Things changed from when I ordered my rig to when I got it. It's the nature of the business.
I did'nt order mine it was sitting on the lot already . if they changed specs and notified you before then thats the way it is . mine was sitting on the lot and i brought it with the listed specs almost 2 months ago . and the specs are still listed the same . very simple , Your wrong plan and simple
Old 04-08-2015, 09:23 PM   #40

Quote:
It maybe the norm and may be accepted but it still illegal . i will not accept it and neither would a judge
Good luck...