Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2015, 11:30 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Harder View Post
... I do believe in the power of Social Media - and putting the truth out there...
PlayHarder,
I can't agree with you more on this point. Sharing of information is how things are able to change.

Looking forward to a positive outcome on this one...
Old 04-09-2015, 11:33 AM   #62

It worked for me when my factory Ford running boards had the chrome peel in 1.5 years on my last truck. Ford refused to cover it because running boards were a "wear item." Took a lot of phone calls and one heavily viewed thread on the FTE forums.
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:14 PM   #63
John513

PH,

Hey I had same issue with pass thru dinette legs not hitting floor. Its not the switch as BB stated because to adjust the switch there will have to be new holes drilled for it. One side was 2 inches higher so I had to take the crossbar that the motor operates the otherside off and make adjustment that way then put back on.
JohnRiordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:33 PM   #64

They are sending me 2more adjustable legs - like the other 2 are - they work fine on the walk thru
Play Harder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:34 PM   #65

1st Weekend camp out

Talk to XLR today and had a very constructive conversion and I was assured my concerned will be addressed no matter what it takes.

A very positive boost - and I believe XLR will make it right -

Just wanted to thank RVW and XLR for looking into my issues

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!
Old 04-10-2015, 06:16 AM   #66

Quote:
Talk to XLR today and had a very constructive conversion and I was assured my concerned will be addressed no matter what it takes.
Play Harder,
This is wonderful news. Thanks for keeping the forum updated...
Old 04-10-2015, 06:16 AM   #67

That's great news Allen! I've found a few things with mine as expected and first Couch's and now Bob at XLR have been outstanding in making things right! Best RV buying experience to date and this is my third new one...
Old 04-10-2015, 12:13 PM   #68

On the lighter side! Its comfortable in my 29 today and heater is working great... In fact too well... its 81 in the shade here today.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:14 PM   #69

Were about to find out how inadequate a single AC unit is

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 04-10-2015, 12:27 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Were about to find out how inadequate a single AC unit is
Wolf Whistle,
I believe you have the 13.5k unit, right? Not that the 15k is that much bigger but I'm curious to hear your review. I wont be able to use my AC here in MN until July (it was snowing a couple of hours ago...).

I can't wait till my TH is here in a few weeks so I can at least sit in it (with or without heat/ac...) I will always have my
Old 04-10-2015, 03:41 PM   #71

SJD,
As long its not much below 44 to 48 degrees F... it will be perfect and you won't need to test your fridge! It is nearly 90 here right now, but the RV fridge is empty, but there's two others!
Yes, I do have the 13.5K. The money wasn't why I opted for the little brother. I figured in the south, the one unit (even if 15K) isn't going to be adequate anyhow. I will bet your money (not mine) on it. I would also predict a second 13.5K or even a more expensive (go figure) 11K in the Ga-rage will probably be in order. I actually think an 8K would cool the garage by itself, but these little ones are expensive. But, maybe my 2000i Honda could actually pull and 8K in a pinch... dunno? I just hate to think of the cost in parts alone to upgrade to 50Amp. I have a plan, but until I know for sure the 13.5K won't do the job, I am not going to order the other unit. I have seen a 13.5K installed on its own 20A (NEMA 15) connectivity with an independent cord on a vintage camper. More research is needed

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 04-10-2015, 04:49 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
LOL. I turn it on and heat comes out.... I'm fine with it. The garage is not heated enough without floor insulation as required with the fuel cells there and the singe heat register but I have an portable that will substitute there when necessary.

I just realize that nothing is perfect no matter how much we pay. It's all a balance. There will be surprises on the positive side and things we wish were better. My trailer came with things I had no idea it had and I'm a research freak. Completely OCD. It also came up short in a couple small areas. Nothing worth threatening legal action over. Just the nature of an RV purchase. I just spent over 2 grand today on tires to make it safe getting rid of the sub par ST tires that came with it. I knew going it that I would have to and resigned myself to the fact. FR also did away with the LR radio so I ordered a head unit and speakers for the LR. I look at something lacking in a purchase as an excuse to make it better than the factory would have given it to me...

PS: My username "taken" comes from years ago when I tried to register for my first forum. Everything I came up with gave me the response, "the user name you are trying to register has already been taken."
So, I went with it and make it my handle. It's mine everywhere I join now. Well, except for one board where some wise guy already took it! There I am registered as "usernametaken..."
Taken sorry but your full of it and assume you work for a dealer or forest river . maybe you like to be lied to and cheated but most honest people don't
the furnace works not at all and is over ducted and installed like a monkey did it . but assume you just have 0 experence or knowledge of anything of this nature
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:53 PM   #73
John513

Here is saint louis we've had a couple 80 degree days and AC in mine has done well so far. It is the 15 not that much different than the standard, but its keepin it cool. Time will tell though when we get into the hot summer months.
JohnRiordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:33 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
SJD,
As long its not much below 44 to 48 degrees F... it will be perfect and you won't need to test your fridge! It is nearly 90 here right now, but the RV fridge is empty, but there's two others!
Yes, I do have the 13.5K. The money wasn't why I opted for the little brother. I figured in the south, the one unit (even if 15K) isn't going to be adequate anyhow. I will bet your money (not mine) on it. I would also predict a second 13.5K or even a more expensive (go figure) 11K in the Ga-rage will probably be in order. I actually think an 8K would cool the garage by itself, but these little ones are expensive. But, maybe my 2000i Honda could actually pull and 8K in a pinch... dunno? I just hate to think of the cost in parts alone to upgrade to 50Amp. I have a plan, but until I know for sure the 13.5K won't do the job, I am not going to order the other unit. I have seen a 13.5K installed on its own 20A (NEMA 15) connectivity with an independent cord on a vintage camper. More research is needed
WW,
This is all makes sense and calls out a very valid point. These campers are being used all around the country (even with our Canadian friends...). They are being built for the middle of the road. They will work really good in the "midrange" of the environments/temps. They are not built for the extremes on either end (cold or heat). Even with the Extreme Weather package.

As long as the beer is cold, the people I'm with are having fun. Then I'm a happy camper....
Old 04-10-2015, 06:38 PM   #75

Won't get a chance to use AC in WA till July probably - but had it on to check it and it put out some serious air so should be fine out here - rarely get above 90 where I RV

WW sent some of that heat to WA lol
Old 04-11-2015, 09:36 AM   #76

Quote:
Won't get a chance to use AC in WA till July probably - but had it on to check it and it put out some serious air so should be fine out here - rarely get above 90 where I RV

WW sent some of that heat to WA lol
The shipping costs will kill you!

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 04-11-2015, 03:37 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
Taken sorry but your full of it and assume you work for a dealer or forest river . maybe you like to be lied to and cheated but most honest people don't
the furnace works not at all and is over ducted and installed like a monkey did it . but assume you just have 0 experence or knowledge of anything of this nature
Yep, you caught me. Thank goodness for all the innocent forumites on this board that you did too. My evil FR/dealer funded tricks won't work on a sharp, intelligent consumer such as yourself but some of them may have been fooled by my evil propaganda. You're depth and insight into my hidden agenda of being happy with my purchase are the most astute I've seen in a long time. I think this forum is truly blessed that you are a member and protector of all. I guess I'll have to join a new forum and buy another trailer now that you've outed me here and everyone knows of my treachery...

PS: To all those who don't understand my response, it's not just based on the post I quoted but also, northstar has been private messaging me up a storm accusing me of being an industry plant and screaming and crying about his trailer and his experience with Couch's. I'm also getting daily insults about my lack on integrity, honor, and honesty. Every morning when I get up and see my emails, it's like a little pick-me-up to go with my coffee. The good news is, I don't think he'll need a larger furnace with the amount of hot air he puts out daily...