Old 02-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #11
itch'n to road trip

WOW! what refridge do y'all have? Ours is Dometic and wokrs well. Our ice cubes freeze over night and ice cream stays hard as a rock. Lower refidge stays 36-38 degrees. I did add a small aftermarket computer fan taht has a knife edge conector to the light. Works great! Sorry for your bad experience.

Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #12

The lead off on this thread really bothered me because I am typically lloaded to about 7,000 lbs and have the 3,500 lb axles. Then it dawned on me that my tongue weight is typically 740-760 lbs so the axles are actually only carrying a total of about 6,250, under the max amount. Still would rather have the later heavier axles but I don't loose any sleep over it.

I did have a leak that caused some damage but was taken care of under warranty. The rest of my problems have been caused by my ignorance...

Old 03-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #13

Just got my 2013 XLR27Hfs. Where does the TP holder mount that comes with this unit?
Old 03-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #14
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunTimes27XLR View Post
Just got my 2013 XLR27Hfs. Where does the TP holder mount that comes with this unit?
Wherever works best for you. Some people don't mount them at all and instead opt to go with a freestanding TP holder (bought separately, of course).
Old 03-26-2013, 07:00 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

Wherever works best for you. Some people don't mount them at all and instead opt to go with a freestanding TP holder (bought separately, of course).
I'm going with a freestanding, no need to tear up the wall and I'm sure I would do so.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #16

Have you had the refer system checked? You might be low on Ammo, These systems are not freon systems. You could just be low from the factory or maybe a small leak.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:33 PM   #17

I look at the trailer like a sailboat or any other hobby-ish type purchase/investment...you gotta personalize them. You "could" leave it alone, but customizing them to your own personal tastes, whether improving them or fixing them up is one of the joys of ownership. I love just puttering around in it and figuring out ways to make it better...

By the way, anyone figure out how to replace that gawd-awful short gasoline pump hose? I can't even get it to reach my motorcycle tanks (KTM 990).

BG
Old 02-05-2014, 07:28 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikepsych View Post
I look at the trailer like a sailboat or any other hobby-ish type purchase/investment...you gotta personalize them. You "could" leave it alone, but customizing them to your own personal tastes, whether improving them or fixing them up is one of the joys of ownership. I love just puttering around in it and figuring out ways to make it better...

By the way, anyone figure out how to replace that gawd-awful short gasoline pump hose? I can't even get it to reach my motorcycle tanks (KTM 990).

BG
I realized the short fuel hose when I bought my xlr.i got the dealership to replace it with a 4' section before I picked it up. I was pretty sure I wasnt going to be able to fill my quad up with the standard fuel hose.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunTimes27XLR View Post
i mounted one above the camode. high enough your head won't hit it when sitting. I got tired of the roll on the floor getting wet from the shower or having to reach across to the sink.. where it also got wet or was in the way.

2013 forest river xlr27hfs hyperlite
melk-man is offline   Reply With Quote