Old 08-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #41

I here ya the 386-12 is a great floor plan just wish they could build it so it don't fall apart on ya ! Thinking next year goin out to that week RVChick talked about maybe ditch these wimpy 6k axles and move up to the Mor-ride independant suspension then after that if all holds up the following year it's back to Sturgis!!

Old 08-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shejam28 View Post
I here ya the 386-12 is a great floor plan just wish they could build it so it don't fall apart on ya ! Thinking next year goin out to that week RVChick talked about maybe ditch these wimpy 6k axles and move up to the Mor-ride independant suspension then after that if all holds up the following year it's back to Sturgis!!
Shejam if you can make it to Goshen next August, you will not be sorry! The actual XLR Service Manager and the XLR Plant Manager did all the work on our rig themselves! They will handle any problem you have, and then some! I know it's a shame that these beautiful rigs that we spend so much money on, can come home only to find things wrong that could have been prevented if they would just slow down and pay attention to details. The guys had our list in hand, (and I had about 20 items listed), went over all our needs, then returned the next day and spent 7 hours working! They even replaced my kicker speaker covers outside from the white (which were already yellowing), to the new black ones, and it looks much nicer! I had them add another magnet on each side of the screen in the man cave (because it would pop up with the slightest movement inside), they replaced all my cushions on the couch in the man cave (they were shredding at the seams), and they replaced all my cushions on the couch slide. I only asked for the throw pillows to replaced because they were shredding, and asked if they could replace the inside of the rest, because they were so lumpy and I had to constantly try to shape them. The manager over those (which is now being handled by Lippert), returned the next day with brand new cushions and apologized saying they should have never left the floor like that. The new ones are so beautiful and now the couch doesn't look like a hot mess after sitting up against them!

We did purchase the Lippert Level Up system while in Goshen and got a nice rally discount, plus free installation......love them!!
We haul an 09 Road King Classic in ours, and have not had any issues.....

Lippert was doing free inspections on axels in Goshen and there were several that had axels replaced and new tires, at no charge! There were a little over 350 rigs there this year, and they are wanting to see 700 rigs next year!

RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #43

It looks like we are going to try and make it out there. All in all I know things will get fixed on my unit just still upset thinking how bad things could have turned out if it was the front axle that come apart at highway speed but thank God it didn't. But anyway thanks for the info on that trip we are looking forward to it. We haul a Harley Road King Classic '08, or two Polaris Sportsman ATV's, or a Polaris Ranger all depends where we're going and with who. I've been doin this for 5 yrs now (toy hauler thing ) and never had any problems just all good times! Did you ever go to Sturgis ? That was by far are best trip yet ! 2015 will be the 75 anniversary I'll be there.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Yes thank God you and your family were not harmed!

I hope to meet you and your family in Goshen next year! There were only a couple of XLR's there this year. We took our bike but only rode one day. We were not wanting to miss our techs, so we hung around the fairgrounds. (The ride we did take, too us through some beautiful countryside though!)

We trailered our bike behind our Class C about three years ago (before owning a toy hauler), and did go to Sturgis, however, it was not during the main event. The town was pretty quiet....we do want to go again for the real McCoy! Hmmmmm when we were headed to Goshen, we saw dozens of bikers headed for Sturgis on hwy 70 in St. Louis......what week is the anniversary? Goshen is the week of August 4th I believe.

Again, congrats on your beautiful XLR! I saw that one going down hwy 70 yesterday, and she was BEAUTIFUL!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #45

Thank you, yes hopefully we can meet next year. I'm not sure of the dates yet but it usually is the second week in August (the official week ) it kinda runs for 2 weeks. We stayed at a campground just outside of town called Shade Valley Campground the place was perfect tons of room quiet at night no problems at all. We will go back there next time for sure!

I'm don't know where your from but here in eastern Pa. In September from the 11th to the 15th in Hershey Pa is the largest RV show around, I'm sure XLR will have all there guns blazing. Google it its a big show. That's where I found mine at.

How do you like the level up sys? I love it, makes setting up simple. And I can tell ya it will lift the entire trailer off the ground !! I had to to put my axle back on, it rest on the fifth wheel and I used the rear 4 jacks and just picked it up, cool deal!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #46

Do you have a link or site to register for next year think I read something about first 200 or so will get full hook up
Old 08-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Yes I have a pic of it lifting the entire rig up.....was quite something to witness!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4112022950.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	38140

I think you can see the wheels off the ground.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #48
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shejam28 View Post
Do you have a link or site to register for next year think I read something about first 200 or so will get full hook up
They will not begin registration until next year. Keep an eye out on the Forest River Owners Group website, and sign up for the newsletters. They are working on making registration online instead of having to mail in the forms. Those that don't get full hook up, do have water and electric, and a dump truck comes around on that Wednesday, to service those that need it!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #49

Yes it works good, and thanks for the info !
Old 08-27-2013, 01:49 AM   #50

Update..

I called Forest River warranty dept today and talked with a guy that was very helpful. If you all remember my rear axle fell apart while driving along the road. He agreed there is no reason this should've happened and he wants the camper brought back to the factory, he said he's going to get engineering involved along with Lippert and the axle company Alco. He said they will install 7k axles and springs with all new tires he agrees they should be 7k. I was impressed with how he said there going to handle it I hope it all goes smooth. I already got a call from the transport company there going to pick it up on Wednesday at my home and get things under way.