Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #1

2014 Nitro xlr Awning issue

Hello everyone im new here to the forum and I see a lot of helpful information.but now my issue I have a 2014 Nitro XLR 30fqs and have the electric awning and when the awning is all the way out you cannot open the doors without hitting the fabric on the awning.I called my dealer and he tells me that he thinks they may have installed the wrong length arms from the factory the arm length on mine is 61 inches and he says that it maybe should have 65 inch arms.I should mention it is an electric awning and there are no adjustments other than making it tilt for rain.Anybody else having this issue? and how to fix this? any information would be helpful.
rich30fqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:09 AM   #2

Well here is an update on my awning issue. After emailing some pictures to my dealer and they forward them to forest river they said that the wrong arms were put on at the factory the ones installed on mine were 61 inches long and they should have been 65 inches. So anyone thinking about getting a 30fqs might want to check the awning before purchasing.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #3

Do they have to replace the vertical mounted brackets(Pcs.thet are on the unit wall? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #4

Sorry i didn't respond sooner but no just the arms that go out with the awning not the ones attached to the camper.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #5

Our 27HFS has the same issue, i just thought it was normal. We do not have the electric awning, and when it is fully extended, the door rubs the awning for about 12" or so when opened completely. I planed to put a strip of awing repair material on the underside of the awning, where it makes contact with the door, so it does not rub a hole in it over time.
99 Club Car Golf Cart
djmac1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmac1964 View Post
Our 27HFS has the same issue, i just thought it was normal. We do not have the electric awning, and when it is fully extended, the door rubs the awning for about 12" or so when opened completely. I planed to put a strip of awing repair material on the underside of the awning, where it makes contact with the door, so it does not rub a hole in it over time.
They make a special roller that mounts on the door for just that purpose.
Awning Roller with Screen Door Slide - Camco RV 42003 - Awning Accessories & Hardware - Camping World
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
They make a special roller that mounts on the door for just that purpose.
Awning Roller with Screen Door Slide - Camco RV 42003 - Awning Accessories & Hardware - Camping World
Nice! I didn't realize they made anything like that, guess I'll be off to the RV store. Thanks!
99 Club Car Golf Cart
Old 06-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmac1964 View Post

Nice! I didn't realize they made anything like that, guess I'll be off to the RV store. Thanks!
Your door should never even come close to the awnjng fabric if you have it adjusted right. My issue is since it is electric there isn't the adjustments you have with a manual awning.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich30fqs View Post
Your door should never even come close to the awnjng fabric if you have it adjusted right. My issue is since it is electric there isn't the adjustments you have with a manual awning.
Well, when it is fully extended, actually one hole past where they recommend you extend it to, it still rubs just a bit. And when you drop one side down (side away from the door) for rain, it is really bad.
99 Club Car Golf Cart
Old 06-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #10
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich30fqs View Post
I agree it shouldn't hit, but he has to deal with what he has and the best thing to do is put a roller on the door.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #11

So just an update on the awning as you see at the top of this thread I've had this issue with the awning since june 6th I have just now received phone call from the dealer that they have my new arms in and I have dropped the camper off to be fixed. Glad they are taking care of the issue but I've had to use my camper for over a month now and it hasn't been easy with the awning out the only way to get in and out of the camper is thru the rear door.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #12

Just another update .My dealer has installed the new arms and the awning now doesn't even come close to the awning fabric and I am now a happy camper