Old 02-24-2015, 02:23 PM   #11

I just got my 27 last week and so far it's really nice. However, there are some things that are pissing me off. I have a Polaris Ranger 500, it's the mid size, not the huge one like the 800's and 900's, and yet it's 2" too long to go in the box. Next, the available storage space is very limited, guess I'm going to have to get creative. Next, the area for the TV is stupid, unless you can sit in a recliner and lean back. The list goes on and on, but I'm an anal retentive perfectionist and get pretty pissy and little things. Overall, it pulled great for 11 hours from Nebraska and seems like its built very well.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:47 PM   #12

Not that it helps, but I have found the TV placement in the vast majority of trailers to be awful. It is really weird where they try and shoehorn in a tv in these things. I always notice when a floorplan gets it right because it is so rare.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:41 PM   #13

Kidhunts, TV mount I went with swings out and tilts, making it much better to see. I went with a 26" Walmart TV. It isn't bad, viewing from side isn't as bad as some... Could be better. Behind the wall is a 2x6 at the center of the wall from ceiling to floor, so it is rock solid, but for traveling, I strap the TV to the ceiling on each end of the TV. I don't trust the Walmart mount and don't want to take it down and put it up. I don't find storage space a problem, but counter space, that's another story.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:20 PM   #14

We went back and forth as well. The only reason I am choosing the 29 over the 27 is the slightly larger garage only because she has a CanAm monstrosity, and I am pretty sure I would not like sleeping next to the wall. Now, I could elect to put her on that side but then I'd have to listen to her bitch about the wall. I don't know, maybe it's just what one gets used to, right?
Old 02-25-2015, 04:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Kidhunts, TV mount I went with swings out and tilts, making it much better to see. I went with a 26" Walmart TV. It isn't bad, viewing from side isn't as bad as some... Could be better. Behind the wall is a 2x6 at the center of the wall from ceiling to floor, so it is rock solid, but for traveling, I strap the TV to the ceiling on each end of the TV. I don't trust the Walmart mount and don't want to take it down and put it up. I don't find storage space a problem, but counter space, that's another story.
Maybe they will improve counter space for 2016.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:51 PM   #16

Well GDavidHughes our Can-Am monstrosity fits nicely in our 27 and we are very comfortable when we camp. As is the monstrosity.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:08 PM   #17

OK, OK. Just don't tell my wife I called it that. Us Harley guys gotta maintain the image, ya know? Every time I look in my mirror, there it is again. I could not even shake it on The Dragon. LOL
Old 02-25-2015, 05:20 PM   #18

C-eh-n-Eh-m
Old 02-25-2015, 06:04 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDavidHughes View Post
Maybe they will improve counter space for 2016.
Forest River did, its called the 30HDS.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:08 PM   #20

I really think you will regret going with the shorter garage. We just had to sell our 10' garage hauler having outgrown the garage after only 3 years of ownership. You'll be upgrading your truck at some point. You don't want to regret your trailer purchase when that happens and have to take a loss and upgrade that too.

Tags
xlr