Old 08-20-2015, 10:32 AM   #21

If on every unit every system was tested before rolling out, many issues could be fixed right there. What I don't know is the pressure put on middle management / the assemblers / installers to make numbers. When production numbers are more important than quality, you get what we are experiencing. My unit had only a few items that should have been caught, but no one us perfect.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm View Post
You know, I feel that with the number of RVs produced every year, the industry's quality record is pretty darned good. And Forest River's QC is excellent in general. Remember, these units go bouncing down the road at 65 MPH over surfaces that are rarely smooth and many times will remove your fillings. So, while some can have problems (and it seems if they do, they have a LOT of them), the vast majority do not. At the Rally in Goshen we were told that FR manufactured 120,000 units in 2014. So, the problem units are statistically insignificant. THAT SAID, if it happens to you it is SIGNIFICANT. I have found FR will go out of their way to help. If you're hitting a dead end, escalate!

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Dually Diesel
i'm one of the lucky ones and have a unit that so far has been for the most part good . the workmanship is crap . when you have wires strung all over and not secured , same with water lines sitting on wear points, loose screws or screws that were stripped out , ETC the list can go on and on . there is and never will be good reason for this . the dealers so far in my experience are all poor at what they do other then collect checks . no reason a person should have to wait weeks or months for repairs . if the dealers are backed up with repairs it's because they start off with less then good units . but it seems most dealers don't give a crap . this is a big area FR needs to work, on it's dealers . very little if any help from them and most people can't drive to goshen for repairs .

As Far as running at 65 down the roads are these units not designed to be towed down the very roads that we have in this country or does FR just design them to be parked ? if they can not handle being towed then it's back to the drawing board and complete redesign and recall all units as they are not road worthy

Old 08-20-2015, 08:25 PM   #23

Quote:
You know, I feel that with the number of RVs produced every year, the industry's quality record is pretty darned good. And Forest River's QC is excellent in general. Remember, these units go bouncing down the road at 65 MPH over surfaces that are rarely smooth and many times will remove your fillings. So, while some can have problems (and it seems if they do, they have a LOT of them), the vast majority do not. At the Rally in Goshen we were told that FR manufactured 120,000 units in 2014. So, the problem units are statistically insignificant. THAT SAID, if it happens to you it is SIGNIFICANT. I have found FR will go out of their way to help. If you're hitting a dead end, escalate!

2014 XLR27HFS
I don't believe you are correct in saying the vast majority of units do not have problems. I think it's just the opposite. There is not a unit made that doesn't have something wrong with it. Whether it's 1 thing or 10 things. Major or minor. There is NO QUALITY CONTROL.

How much money is an XLR with switches that don't work and all these little things that were not done correctly? $60,000? You think that's acceptable?
Old 08-20-2015, 08:30 PM   #24

Quote:

2014 XLR27HFS
I'll start a new thread to test your theory that the industry's quality record is pretty darn good. I'd like to ask members to list if they had any issues with their units when they bought them and let's see what the responses are.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:40 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksilvi View Post
I'll start a new thread to test your theory that the industry's quality record is pretty darn good. I'd like to ask members to list if they had any issues with their units when they bought them and let's see what the responses are.
plenty of issues . all repairable by myself , but you are correct workmanship is non existent in most all these units . can't say you get what you paid for in fact you get less then what you pay for but have a place to start with all the repairs and mods to make them good units
Old 08-20-2015, 09:56 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksilvi View Post

Those are interesting points but what's an "issue"? If I have to tighten a hinge or fitting, I don't consider that a problem. That was my point about going down the road. Things vibrate and loosen. I accept that.

So, if the AC or water heater don't work, that's a QC issue. If my outside storage door lock needs an adjustment with a pliers, no issue.

Just my opinion.

2014 XLR27HFS

Tags
xlr