Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2019, 01:39 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 8
2019 XLR 29hfs plumbing

Just figured out my bathroom sink is plumbed to my blackwater tank. Called FR and they confirmed that is correct. Cant say i like that. Also sometimes our bathroom sink doesnt want to drain and if you step on the toilet flush it can shoot a big air/water bubble out of the sink or toilet
__________________

todd135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:57 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd135 View Post
Just figured out my bathroom sink is plumbed to my blackwater tank. Called FR and they confirmed that is correct. Cant say i like that. Also sometimes our bathroom sink doesnt want to drain and if you step on the toilet flush it can shoot a big air/water bubble out of the sink or toilet
Wonder why they did that . in my 29 i have two greys one for kiitchen and one for bath shower and lav . if it's not draining and when you flush toilet it splashes out it means the vent pipe is clogged . fell down into the tank or was never installed . you can go on roof find the vent pipe take the cover off and see if it slipped down into the tank .
__________________

MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:36 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 8
Mine has 2 grey tanks also. Checked the roof vent and all is well. FR said they have a fix for the vent to tie it to the shower vent. But it is piped to black water by design
todd135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:59 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd135 View Post
Mine has 2 grey tanks also. Checked the roof vent and all is well. FR said they have a fix for the vent to tie it to the shower vent. But it is piped to black water by design
if your getting pressure in the tanks . like you said pushes air and water out the sink when flushed then the vent is not working correctly and is below the water level in the tank . dump your tank and see how it functions empty and then again as it fills . if it starts to act up as the levels get higher then the vent pipe is to low in the tank.
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:59 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd135 View Post
Just figured out my bathroom sink is plumbed to my blackwater tank. Called FR and they confirmed that is correct. Cant say i like that. Also sometimes our bathroom sink doesnt want to drain and if you step on the toilet flush it can shoot a big air/water bubble out of the sink or toilet
We have the same issues. Look under the sink in the cabinet on the left side. There is a screw on cap. loosen it up a bit and it will allow the tank to vent. The wife and I are living full time as my work takes me on the road. We have never had an issue with sewer gas smell. When I first started doing this I figured the wife would be the first to get a wiff (she can smell a fart in a tornado) and she has never complained yet. Been doing this for over 4 months now.

2018 29HFS
Barnettbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:18 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
cavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Posts: 4,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnettbill View Post
We have the same issues. Look under the sink in the cabinet on the left side. There is a screw on cap. loosen it up a bit and it will allow the tank to vent. The wife and I are living full time as my work takes me on the road. We have never had an issue with sewer gas smell. When I first started doing this I figured the wife would be the first to get a wiff (she can smell a fart in a tornado) and she has never complained yet. Been doing this for over 4 months now.

2018 29HFS

I married her sister.
__________________
2002 27rk Wildcat 5er.
Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Retired Master Electrician.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:49 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
I married her sister.
Barnettbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:49 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
nomad297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
if your getting pressure in the tanks . like you said pushes air and water out the sink when flushed then the vent is not working correctly and is below the water level in the tank . dump your tank and see how it functions empty and then again as it fills . if it starts to act up as the levels get higher then the vent pipe is to low in the tank.
This is a good place to start and quite possibly the problem.

Bruce
__________________
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 05:53 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 1
Had the same issue. With my 2018 29HFS. Dealer claims the black tank was NOT vented from the factory.
__________________

Edunlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
plumbing, xlr

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 PM.