Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #1

27 HFS, cleaning toy box??

We made our first atv trip this past weekend with the new 27 HFS and loved it. It was so nice staying in our own camper with all of our supplies. But then the fun comes on sunday when we get home and have to start cleaning every thing!! This past weekend went mud ridding on our atv's and even though we cleaned them as best as we could at the camp site they still dropped alot of dirt, clay, etc on the box on the trip home.

I was just wondering if any of you guys haul dirty toys in the garage area and if so what is the best method to clean the area. Is it safe to wash out or are you stuck sweeping and scrubbing whats stuck to the floor. I am thinking of getting some 1/8" think rubber that can be rolled out from inside the garage all the way to the end of the ramp, then load up, roll the rubber mat up that covers the ramp to inside the camper behind the toys, and after we unload just pull the mat out and hose off and let dry.
creed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #2

I have a work and play with the rubber style floor in the back. When I put my ranger in there whether it's muddy or not, I use a tarp. Swing by the store and pickup a cheap tarp about 2 feet wider and longer than you need. Layout tarp , park muddy toy. Then pullout toy fold up tarp and it's that much less to clean.
Hope this helps. It's just what I do to help the cleanup process
Foneguy is offline   Reply With Quote