Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #21
SWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FandRChambers
10k I bought mine from RVWholesalers.com. They have very good prices, and you can order it with the options you want. Lots of people travel to them to purchase or have it delievered because of their prices. I met a couple from Canada there. Sounds like rah.rtt purchases a loaded model. I didn't get any extra options. I power mine with a honda 3000 generator.
I'm from Canada and been looking at this trailer from rv wholesalers. 10-15k$ savings from anywhere else I've looked. MSRP of the the one with all the options i want is $40000. There quote to me is $26000. It will be worth the 2 day drive to go pick it up.
SWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #22

Yea i agree with that kind of savings. How bad will Canada tax you when you cross border? Good luck on your purchase. Kelly Tussing took care of me there. I plan to return in a couple years for a fifth wheel.
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
FandRChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #23
SWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FandRChambers
Yea i agree with that kind of savings. How bad will Canada tax you when you cross border? Good luck on your purchase. Kelly Tussing took care of me there. I plan to return in a couple years for a fifth wheel.
Tax will will be 5% + a $200 import fee. But our dollar is over par right now at $1.023 so I save there again too.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #24
10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWA View Post
I'm from Canada and been looking at this trailer from rv wholesalers. 10-15k$ savings from anywhere else I've looked. MSRP of the the one with all the options i want is $40000. There quote to me is $26000. It will be worth the 2 day drive to go pick it up.

Wow! that is a big savings. Will they also take trades? Also, what about any warranty issues that might arise?
Thanks
10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #25
SWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x

Wow! that is a big savings. Will they also take trades? Also, what about any warranty issues that might arise?
Thanks
Not sure about trades but they have service partners through out North America. They have 3 shops here in my town that will do warranty work. Go check them out at rvwholesalers.com. They'll answer any questions you have better than I can.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #26

10x, I had a warranty issue and a recall on my camper. I took it to a local dealer and they did the repair. Forest River paid for them both, once I got reimbursed, the other they paid directly. Rvwholesalers service network will assist you with it or you can do like i did and deal with forest river directly. Most dealers give priority to those who purchase from them, but I had no issues getting repaired. Like SWA said they will answer all those questions for you. That's the only disadvantage to buying out of town and dealers hate the wholesalers. But with that type of savings, I'll do it again.
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
Old 09-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #27

Please clarify - you had a warranty claim, but had to pay upfront and get reimbursed?
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #28

Wincrasher,

I had a repair that was covered under warranty, however the dealer I took it to for repair did not want to wait to be paid by forest river. I wanted my camper back rather quick so I told the guy I would pay for the repair. The warranty guy at Forest River was awesome. His words to the dealer were do what ever it take to make the customer happy. I had my check from Forest River in a week or so. It was a minor low cost repair so I had no issue with it. Delears in my area don't sale my camper so when I never get asked why I didn't buy from them.
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
Old 09-27-2012, 12:31 AM   #29

All good information. What sort of gear does it take to get this beast right at the GVWR of 8000(+/-). I have a Harley and a KTM that I'll be lugging around. I figure that and the water and fuel and I'm probably at around 7400.

How does the Forest River rig compare to the other one (I think its an XLT 276).

How are the support elements like the HVAC, pumps, and other contributors to a solid rig?

BG
Old 09-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #30

BG I tow with a my xlr with a suburban 2500 and I have a Harley and Golf cart. I don't have the fuel station option and I try to limit how far I tow a full tank of fresh water. I get it as close to my campsite as possible when dry camping. My ac and heat both work well. The only thing I would change is more ac vents in the garage area, but I've heard the same from 5th wheel owners.
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
Old 09-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x View Post
I agree, but I have seen ranges from 34K to 20K somewhere lies the right price. What has folks on this forum paid for it?
I paid $20,900 in July. Options included, Electric bunk in garage, dual entry doors, after that pretty much standard equip, no TV was included. We put it on a seasonal site, so it has not been moved much, but we have been very happy with it so far. I do have a weak entry step on the front door, but will probably pull it up to a local dealer in Nov when I pull it off of the seasonal site to be fixed.

We added a rolling cart, that can be tied down in the cargo area when not in use in the living area, so we could have a little more cabinet and counter space, and am still trying to decide on some additional seating to put in. I also ordered the second bunk for the garage area, but still waiting on the rest of the parts to install it. We decided on the toy hauler so we could have a place to put our golf cart in the winter months, as well as be able to carry it with us when we do travel, which isn't much. We do plan a trip to NC next summer, for a military reunion, and will probably continue on to FL after that, for a week or so. I guess I'll have to wait till then to see how it travels.

My dealer was National RV in Belleville MI, they seem to have some pretty good prices on decently equipped units!
99 Club Car Golf Cart
djmac1964 is offline   Reply With Quote