Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2018, 11:34 AM   #1

27 hfs Slide stuck

Hi

This weekend we had the unfortunate treat to have our slide bind up and get stuck, thank fully or not it was in the closed position so we just left it closed. Our unit appears to have the "Swintech in the wall mounts"

I Believe all the electrics are working. When the unit starts to move out at about 3" it binds on one side and will not move. i can power it back in and then try it again and same thing. We did some reading about how to manually slide it out by disconnecting he motors and pushing it out. However they are almost impossible to reach and it appears most service on these are done from the outside.

I think there may be some thing stuck under the unit and wont let the slide move on the rollers or the lower left(from the inside) gear has a problem.

Any one else have a similar issue?
Berjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:52 AM   #2

Maybe you will info here on how to fix....

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...chwintek+slide
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:45 PM   #3

Turns out i have a couple of broken wires on the motor must be the wires that keep the motors insync with each other. looking to find a new one now
Old 08-23-2018, 04:52 PM   #4

schwintech can be a pain you need to have the slide half way in or out . or out at leadt a few incues so you can access the bolt/screw that hold the motor in then you have to go inside to remove the motor . the wires are very thin and break off the terminal . they can be solider back on if your good with that . in order to move the slide manually you really need to pulll the motors . they say if you just disconnect them you can do it but it take way to much effort maybe with 6 big guys
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:19 AM   #5

I ordered a new motor for the slide in the mean time i re soldered the wires back on and got the unit running, ill swap it out when the new one arrives. It was a tough push to get the slide out enough to work on it but now i know how to do it at least if it gets stuck out some time i can get home.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:27 PM   #6
Harleyrider

I have similar issue. Question Does the side that binds move out any at all? Mine binding side starts to move out about a inch or two then stops.
harleyrider03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyrider03 View Post
I have similar issue. Question Does the side that binds move out any at all? Mine binding side starts to move out about a inch or two then stops.
Ours moved about 4 "

There is a button on your controller ours was under the front bed with water heater, pushing the button a few times will over ride ride (check on line there are some you tube videos on it ) the motor sync, also the number of flashes will tell you what is wrong. then you will need 2 people to push the slide out once you override it. one to hold the button so the good motor engages and the other one has to push the bad side out once you get it so you can reach the motor the rest is pretty easy.

remove top screw in weather seal mount this will allow the motor to be lifted up and then you remove the motor from the inside

we found there was a broken wire on our motor, re-soldered it and re-installed it and it worked just fine

ended up buying a new motor a week or so later and replaced it. make sure the cap color is the same on both motors. i am told that the black cap and the white cap move at different speed rates and it will bind if not the same

good luck
Old 09-25-2018, 02:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berjr1 View Post
Ours moved about 4 "

There is a button on your controller ours was under the front bed with water heater, pushing the button a few times will over ride ride (check on line there are some you tube videos on it ) the motor sync, also the number of flashes will tell you what is wrong. then you will need 2 people to push the slide out once you override it. one to hold the button so the good motor engages and the other one has to push the bad side out once you get it so you can reach the motor the rest is pretty easy.

remove top screw in weather seal mount this will allow the motor to be lifted up and then you remove the motor from the inside

we found there was a broken wire on our motor, re-soldered it and re-installed it and it worked just fine

ended up buying a new motor a week or so later and replaced it. make sure the cap color is the same on both motors. i am told that the black cap and the white cap move at different speed rates and it will bind if not the same

good luck

With out removing the motor you will struggle with a few big guys to push it out even just one side . to override press the grey button 6 times and hold in on 7th light will flash then go inside and hit the slide out . if same thing happens only one motor works then the other motor is bad or a wire broke off it and can be re solidered . , won't know that till you get the motor out . slide need to be part way out to get access to the out side where a set screw is and then inside to the wiring and to remove motor .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:15 PM   #9
Harleyrider

Yes I can work the slide out by pushing the out button then when it stops touch the in side of the switch. Then out again and it will go out about another 2 to 3 inches. By doing this several times I can work the slide all the way out. Tried syncing the motors several times.
harleyrider03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide