Old 10-10-2015, 12:19 AM   #61

I am interested in making mine a deck without the rails - so give me a couple weeks and I will atleast X-ray my whole back door 😄 with a portable canon RADpro w canon wireless 70c plates - I've done this w my surf boards and mountain bike to check integrity- I think I'm in town for a couple weeks - got me wondering what's inside the ramp ✔️

Old 10-10-2015, 12:36 PM   #62

I know it's not the pockets for the rails they are all not on at the edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 10-10-2015, 01:57 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by egladden View Post

With PH on it with the x-rays we will soon know what's what without all the guessing and only so & so's word for it . inquiring minds want to know the real deal. hopefully he can also get a look at a unit with the patio ramps . seems the patio ramps close with the rails still connected . A good reason for extra springs
Old 10-11-2015, 07:10 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by egladden View Post

E, my point was with the pockets, the doors are obviously different; Diane Daly confirmed this, but without the details that we need to know. She mentioned support, but we can only guess what that is. Someone wrote that there is a thin metal sheet added between the foam and the rubber surface to stop high PSI things from making dents (ramp with the VIP option), but that probably adds nothing to the integrity or strength. So, until someone can prove the internal structure or metal thickness around the edges... something.... is there, I'll remain skeptical that the VIP deck ramp is internally beefier. I bet there aren't many 24Hfs, 27HFS, 29HFS around with the VIP party deck options, but hopefully PH can get his hands on one and look into (ha!) the matter.
WW
Old 10-11-2015, 09:50 AM   #65

I have emailed Diane Daly again, To get her to be more specific on this matter, Hopefully she can, will post if I hear anything.
Wayne
Old 10-11-2015, 11:02 AM   #66

Maybe she can get a drawing from Lippert showing the difference between the two ramp doors.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:47 PM   #67

AS PROMISED AN ANSWER FROM DIANE DALY:
Some people I have talked to on this would like to know, maybe where the proper support is , how are these two doors different,
Maybe a pic showing these doors. before skinning,?

Thankyou for all your help on this,

Sincerly

Wayne

Wayne,
We get these in from our vendor so I don’t have pictures showing this. I know that they use 2 different doors I think the VIP party deck has a piece of metal that is used on the top portion inside the door to give the added support for chairs etc…so they don’t bust through.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:10 PM   #68

So just get some diamond plate and there ya go?
Old 10-12-2015, 11:09 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgold View Post
So just get some diamond plate and there ya go?

x2 Diane does not know one way or another whats what on these units . and not the person in the know to be even asking . read the last snippet that was posted from her and it's no answer . it comes down to not wanting to lose out on a $2500 add on .
From the posts so far i say it's a go on the patio make over and if one wanted they could get as you say a sheet of [thin]diamond plate and make their own chair guard
Old 10-12-2015, 11:38 PM   #70

I don't think it has anything to do w $2500 add on fee which I think is reasonable - it's not just a door, it's a package- aluminum top sheet for dents full wrap around -aluminum rail system with gates on back -brackets/ mounting system / proper cables with correct weight tolerances to hold ramp correctly- extra springs - so as far as an add on I don't think $2500 is that high of a cost for the deck package ------

Since XLR don't make the doors and I guess have never seen one cut in half - it's hard for me to fault XLR on the exact differences - it probably very minor - but you never know a couple extra reinforcements can make a huge difference in capabilities of the deck not warping from being suspended by 2 cables - I don't know if they is a true spec sheet on each door?

The deck option was about the only option I didn't order and I wish I had - I was worried about the extra weight - but now I know it wouldn't been an issue ---

I really need to find someone in Seattle w deck option to compare doors w X-ray machine - I think this is the only way to put this to rest -

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!