Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #1

27HFS - Time to buy?

Hello fellow campers. It's about time to upgrade the camper and I have narrowed my search to the 27 hfs. It's light enough for my Ram and the garage is big enough for my golf cart. I did have a couple of questions that should be easy. First, when do the new models come out? I have seen threads from early 2012 where people getting or ordering 2013 models. The big RV show for west michigan is in 2 weeks and I don't want to buy a 2013 if the 2014's will be out in a month (unless there is a huge discount). Second, at the risk of sounding lame, does anybody know if you can order different graphics other than the blue that comes standard. My Ram is burgundy and I would like to see if I can get a graphic package to match.

My last question is about the stability of the unit. Currently I have a 2010 Rockwood HW316TH which is the high wall, toy hauler, pop up and camping on the shores of Lake Michigan is a bit rough with the winds coming off the lake. And standing on a picnic table to roll up an awning is for the birds!!

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
Rather be camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #2

Don't have all the answers....but, we just bought a 27HFS and love it. We looked about a year at everything out there and we just kept coming back to it.

1. The current fall promotion package includes a power awning.

2. We got most of the options and it was pretty straightforward.

3. Seems most of the complaints about shower layout, axle problems, etc. were all fixed in the 2013 model.

4. There are actually 2 versions now.......27HFS or 27HFS-EP (extreme package)

5. We got the EP because it adds insulation, an 8" frame instead of a 6" frame so that they can enclose the bottom of the trailer.

6. We also got the upgraded air conditioner, dual bunks in the back, it has black trim instead of white and also has the new interior colors not in the brochures.

7. My advice......call RV wholesalers and order it exactly like you want. However, only do that after you read the thread in dealer reviews started by me......it's called RV Wholesalers and has over 6,000 views. It lays out everything about our 27HFS experience from the beginning and is still ongoing.

8. Towards the end of the thread somewhere, it also has pictures of our trailer on arrival day three weeks ago.

Talk soon...
Trippster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:40 AM   #3

Welcome, We purchased our 2013 XLR 27HFS in October. We looked at alot of toy haulers before deciding on the 27HFS. We have only had time to use the TT for 7 nights so far. We had some very minor issues mostly trim and a intermitant water leak under the bathroom sink.

I my opinion if you like the 2013 XLR 27HFS then buy one. The Next year's model is not always better. Well unless you have my luck, and next years model comes with a lifetime warranty and cost's half as much.

As far as graphics I don't know if there is an option, at least I have not seen any. I do known that a friend had a graphics shop make some different graphics for his 5er that he had color matched to his TV. He told me that the cost was not that much.

Good luck
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote