Don't have all the answers....but, we just bought a 27HFS and love it. We looked about a year at everything out there and we just kept coming back to it.
1. The current fall promotion package includes a power awning.
2. We got most of the options and it was pretty straightforward.
3. Seems most of the complaints about shower layout, axle problems, etc. were all fixed in the 2013 model.
4. There are actually 2 versions now.......27HFS or 27HFS-EP (extreme package)
5. We got the EP because it adds insulation, an 8" frame instead of a 6" frame so that they can enclose the bottom of the trailer.
6. We also got the upgraded air conditioner, dual bunks in the back, it has black trim instead of white and also has the new interior colors not in the brochures.
7. My advice......call RV wholesalers and order it exactly like you want. However, only do that after you read the thread in dealer reviews started by me......it's called RV Wholesalers and has over 6,000 views. It lays out everything about our 27HFS experience from the beginning and is still ongoing.
8. Towards the end of the thread somewhere, it also has pictures of our trailer on arrival day three weeks ago.