Old 11-18-2015, 08:08 PM   #11
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHD Dad View Post
Most likely a stupid question but I cant find the info anywhere. Can anyone tell me the lug spacing for the 15" wheels on the 27HFS? I want to upgrade to 16" rims and LT tires as I've had too many issues over the years with the ST tires, even nicer ones like Maxxis. There are too few choices in 15" vs. a large amount of 16" so am just going to up a size.

There are way too many 6 lug options for size...
Go to the wheel mfg site and they will tell you. If you have 06 series, here is a sample of the info.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Flagstaff Series06 wheels.pdf (353.5 KB, 22 views)

Old 11-18-2015, 08:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Do you own a 27HFS?! The Stock 15" wheels are 6 lugs. i need to know the spacing so I can order 16" 6 lug wheels and I was hoping not to have to pull a wheel just to find out.

If you read above you'd also see I measured for clearance. I've done this before on a camper with much less clearance.

I'm seriously ready to delete this thread...
CHDD, I am 99% sure ours will be the same. 6 lugs on 5 1/2 dia. circle. Pilot should be 4-1/4" with a 0 offset. I've noticed a 16" wheel is rated at a higher load rating, but is usually only limited by the tire and valve stem that's installed / mounted. What tire are you looking at?

I meant by "only limited" is that if the wheel is rated at 3200# for example, the valve stem and tire has to be that or higher.
WW

Old 11-18-2015, 08:20 PM   #13

THANK YOU BOTH!!

I was fairly certain they were 6 x 5.5" as most trailer wheels I found were that size but hoped to verify without pulling a wheel. I planned on asking at my dealer when I pick it up but I'm not totally sold on dealership knowledge! I'd contact FR but couldn't find a way to do that either...

I'll post some pics if I do the upgrade. I may stick to the G26 Cargo but I like the 16" option to future proof things and make it easy if I need to replace on the road for some reason.
CHD Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:43 PM   #14
Usually Confused Member

Make sure the new wheels are spec for the tire pressure you'll be using. I'm new to the dedicated RV (Vengeance Toyhauler) but have years of experience with gooseneck horse trailers. They have really nice living quarters so I guess they're sorta an RV...just much heavier.

Had horrible experience with 16" Maxis, GY Marathon and another brand (forgot which). Used three complete sets in the first 8,000 miles. Switched to the Goodyear G614 RST "H" rated and have over 15,000 miles on them and they hardly show any wear at all. BUT, since they need air at 110 psi I had to change all the wheels to handle that.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:51 PM   #15

Quote:
THANK YOU BOTH!!

I was fairly certain they were 6 x 5.5" as most trailer wheels I found were that size but hoped to verify without pulling a wheel. I planned on asking at my dealer when I pick it up but I'm not totally sold on dealership knowledge! I'd contact FR but couldn't find a way to do that either...

I'll post some pics if I do the upgrade. I may stick to the G26 Cargo but I like the 16" option to future proof things and make it easy if I need to replace on the road for some reason.
I had Firestone Transforce on the Ram and I think they would well on the trailer on a 16x6" rim (6 on 5.5) in the 225/75R16 size on the trailer. Rated@ 106MPH and 2680# (memory). I also was searching on ebay and saw a couple of sets of 16x6 trailer wheels... with correct bolt pattern... under $400, which would work. Tires Plus has the Transforce total out the door for about $700. The height of the tires are about 1 inch taller, so that should be doable.
WW
Old 11-18-2015, 10:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
I had Firestone Transforce on the Ram and I think they would well on the trailer on a 16x6" rim (6 on 5.5) in the 225/75R16 size on the trailer. Rated@ 106MPH and 2680# (memory). I also was searching on ebay and saw a couple of sets of 16x6 trailer wheels... with correct bolt pattern... under $400, which would work. Tires Plus has the Transforce total out the door for about $700. The height of the tires are about 1 inch taller, so that should be doable.
WW
That was Exactly what I was looking at. I have that tire on my TV and it's working out well. I have a small local guy I get most of my tires from and they also use that tire on all the Fire and EMS trucks.

I need to do 5 ea so I have a spare but I am still only looking at $1300 OTD from my local guy or Tire Rack. 225/75R16 is popular enough I can pick up spares on the road if needed with plenty of options when it's time to replace. I have plenty of space in the wells of the camper.
CHD Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:44 PM   #17

Before I ordered my 16" wheels and tires I took the spare to Discount Tire and had the guys there measure and confirm the bolt pattern was 6 x 5.5"

Tags
wheel