Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2014, 09:40 AM   #1

29 HFS and RZR

Anyone putting a RZR in their 29HFS? Just curious on the roof clearance when driving in.
mjost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:52 AM   #2

I am putting a Commander with a lightbar on the visor in my 24 hfs and I have no problem with clearance with the door.I ordered my unit without the rear bunk,so I don't know how far down that hangs from the ceiling.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:12 PM   #3

If you have the rear bunk clearance could be an issue. I have a 2013 teryx 2 seat with a 2" lift and 28's and it won't clear the bed in my dads xlr. If the bed was down it would fit with a couple inches to spare.

I do believe the cage of the rzr is shorter then the teryx though

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Thekipkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:45 PM   #4

27hfs rzr

We have a 27HFS, just bought a RZR 800S, We thought it wouldn't fit with the rear bed, so we took that out. Once it was in, it appears that it would still fit under the bed, probably touch the roof of the RZR. We still haven't tried it with the bed, since we never use it anyway.

The RZR just fits length wise. Ours has a front cats eye polaris bumper, no rear bumper, has about 1 inch in front and 1 inch in the rear clearance with the door closed. It may still fit with a rear bumper, if it doesn't extend past the rear tires.

Anyway, I can't remember if the 29HFS has a larger garage than the 27... ours is 9ft.
wskypapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:03 PM   #5

I have my S in my 27HFS. I had to make my front bumper removable to get it in. I am running an aftermarket cage so height isn't an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Reeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #6
Sunseeker 2500TS

Hi I am new to the forum and can't quite find a place to ask this. I have a 2015 29HFS Hyper Lite. I can't figure out the water heater sytem and the Manual is useless. Also it seems like every little screw is falling of but thats another story. I get the switch on the water heater outside thats on and off, but I don't know what the water and heater switches are on the pannel in the bathroom with the gray/black tank status lights. When do you turn them on. Also even though I made sure that the hot water system was full before turning it on, it seems that I get warm water with shots of hot. Never very hot. Is it broke or do I need to throw the switch I asked about earlier?
rocrider50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:10 PM   #7

rocrider50: the on/off switch outside on the water heater is used when you are plugged into shore power (110). If you are dry camping (no 110 power) then you need to find the switch on the panel in the bathroom that operates the gas option of the water heater. the other switch is for the water pump. If you have a hose hooked to city water, you don't need the water pump, but if you are using your water tanks, you need the pump. As for the lukewarm water, check the bypass on the water heater to make sure it's fully closed, you may be getting some cold added to the hot. Water heater is behind panel under the range top. Also you may just not have purged all the air from the water heater so you would get uneven temps. Either option on the water heater, gas or electric, are both sufficent to give you very hot water. Ours is scalding! Good luck and ask any questions you need. Many of us have been through it all with these campers.
Campingchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #8
Sunseeker 2500TS

Ok, what you are saying makes sense. I am not sure on the bypass and will have to play with it. The slugs of cold water make sense if there is a valve partially opened some where, I'll find the bypass. The cabnet doors keep falling off during transit. I think that they pop open and then the hinge screws that are less than a 1/8 inch long pull out. Is there a fix for the latch or new?
Old 09-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #9

we have a 29hfs with a 2012 polaris ranger 800xp with a sport roof we had to flip the L brackets on the bed ( gives you about 2" ) and our ranger fits easy only about 3' on the front and back though so its snug. with your rzr being shorter than our ranger you will be fine
2012 Polaris ranger 800 XP Walker Evans
turbosi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:11 PM   #10

Rocridr50. I have the same issue get fluctuation constantly while showering in my 24HFS. Did you get it corrected. Where is this bypass valve? Is it near the electric switch outside for the water heater?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SOONERSALT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:44 PM   #11

The bypass valve is between the cold and hot intake/outlet plumbing on the water heater itself. Do a search, there are lots of pics posted about it. As for the cabinet problem, many have replaced the screws with longer ones. We traveled 3500 miles this summer and had no problems with any cabinet doors.
Campingchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #12
Sunseeker 2500TS

That's what it was, they had the bypass open between the cold and hot, but why. Had to unscrew panels to see so it was built that way?
Old 09-11-2014, 06:55 PM   #13

I have had to replace hinge screws and did it with the course thread 7/8" drywall screws that I already have. Just don't over tighten them... don't use a drill / driver. Have never had a door or hinge come completely off. But, the microwave nearly fell out of the cabinet... they didn't have it sitting on the floor of the cabinet... only screws through the face of the unit was holding it. First leg of the first trip revealed this.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:38 PM   #14

Turn propane on and use the switch in the bathroom.. Your water heater will run off of gas and not shore power.. ( turn the on / off switch on the heater itself to off )... Propane re heats faster and only runs when you flip the switch..

We turn the switch on and the water is ready to go time we get our clothes and towels ready to shower..

Just my opinion..

2014 27 HFS..
blkshp366 is offline   Reply With Quote