Old 09-21-2016, 10:07 AM   #11

well that sounds like a problem. what type converter? by any chance is there an on/off switch, fuses, or circuit breakers on the converter that need to be reset? at four months it should be under warranty but getting it replaced may be another adventure. please update your results. these things always interest me. these things ought to work!

Old 09-21-2016, 03:51 PM   #12

did you check the 40 amp reverse polarity protection fuses ... on the DC side of the dist panel? I'm not using my converter (WFCO) but we are probably atr not neighbors :-)

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:53 PM   #13

photo of what I'm talking about. They're the orange ones
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1474487565226.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	120894  

Old 09-21-2016, 03:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
did you check the 40 amp reverse polarity protection fuses ... on the DC side of the dist panel? I'm not using my converter (WFCO) but we are probably atr not neighbors :-)
Yes, I pulled every fuse on that panel just to be sure and they were all good.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:09 PM   #15

I need my toy hauler 4 out of the 5 next weekends in a row. I got a Progressive Dynamics PD4655V converter overnight-ed for tomorrow to put in to solve my problems. Seems the one that in there is terrible at maintaining batteries and hardly ever goes into boost mode, I boon dock quite often so batteries charging quickly and properly is important to me.

If I ever upgrade my toy hauler I think its safe to say it wont be another forest river, I have yet to use this thing for one weekend without something going wrong. Pretty disappointed in their tech service as well, there so called "electrical tech" called me and was hoping he could help me diagnose some issues with it and his answer was my generator or shore power shouldn't charge my on board batteries, I would need to bring an extension cord and battery tender with me camping all the time to maintain my batteries.

So I just paid out of my own pocket for the part, I don't have time to mess around with their service. I've got a pocket door that is useless and wont stay on the track. Gray water tanks leaked all over my underbelly. Interior door that would fly open in transit in bathroom since it was mounted crooked and it also peeled off the laminate about a month into owning it. Black water flush leaked as well. They fixed all of those issues as they came and picked it up and took it back to the factory, pocket door was never fixed properly and hasn't been on the track since it got back in mid July.

Overall my girlfriend and I are very disappointed in the unit, was expecting much more out of a brand new 2017.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:22 PM   #16

Does that converter come with the charge wizard? if not get it. You won't be sorry swapping to PDI... good product. A free / warranty one like you have is junk anyway.The problem with most converters is they never reach 14.6 minimum boost and absorb ... battery is never full!... In boost the battery reaches 100% then absorb should continue at that voltage for 60 minutes minimum. many will put out 13.1 - 13.2 float which takes days to charge. Have a good can.ping weekend.

WW

Old 09-21-2016, 04:23 PM   #17

camping

Old 09-22-2016, 10:59 PM   #18

Got my PD conveyer installed after work today. Back up and running!
Old 09-22-2016, 11:13 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky836 View Post
Got my PD conveyer installed after work today. Back up and running!
Glad to hear you solved the problem. Hope you have better experiences going forward.

Tags
generator