Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2014, 09:10 PM   #1

29hfs load out

We are headed to Oklahoma this weekend and I'll be taking my dads 29hfs. The garage will be loaded with a kawasaki teryx 2 seated, around 1400lbs. I know the garage can handle 2 k but my question is do I need to focus additional weight towards the tongue to prevent swaY?

Also if I can around 10. Gallons of file in the on word tank will there be any additional concerns as to weight.

Any advice on the load out us appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Thekipkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:33 PM   #2

You shouldn't have any issues with the cargo in the garage causing sway. The water will probably help your tongue weight, depending on where your freshwater tank is located. If all else fails, take it for a ride loaded up, see if you have a sway issue, and reload accordingly.
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:03 AM   #3

X2 on what Taranwanderer stated. If it will fit, 1400 lbs is not a problem. I hope you have a good anti-sway or sway control system / hardware and a truly capable truck. I usually carry 20 gals. of fresh water, which will counter weight in the garage. You are putting in a little more weight in the garage than I do; with a Dual-Cam hitch with 1400# bars, my unit tows like a dream. As soon as you can, like TW said, load it up and pull it to be sure.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:37 AM   #4

I have a 27rr and carry a rzr in the garage. The ramp is rated at 1600 lbs. I keep it as far forward as posible in the garage. I've hauled it thousands of miles without a problem. I do have an Andersen hitch. Where in Oklahoma are you going, Little Sahara by chance? I have ridden and camped at Lake Murray, Little Sahara, Appalachia Bay and Talahina State Park, all of which are in Oklahoma. My favorite are the dunes at Little Sahara. Have fun and be safe.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #5

I have a f350 srw, so no issue on TV, and also have a WDH with built in sway.

Just wasn't sure on loading and such with that much weight in the rear.

We are going to lake Murray, my plan is to pick the oldest up from school and surprise him with the trip. He's never been to an atv park so it should be a great weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Thekipkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:26 PM   #6
Sunseeker 2500TS

I would check the weight once before hooking up. Find the level hitch height and see how much different it is with the load out. If close don't worry. If off you might need to reset the ball height. Follow hitch manufactures set up recommendations. Truck and trailer should be level when connected on most systems.