Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2015, 04:38 PM   #1

29hfs stud spacing

Alright, I finally got my XLR and have been using it for about 2 weeks. I love it. I have 2 questions though.
1: I wanna mount some E track inside the garage and can't find the stud spacing. I was gonna use 1/2" self tapping screws to fasten it but don't know if there's a better option. If anybody has the info or suggestions on the best way to mount this it would be appreciated.
2: Next to the tank flush there's a switch that I think is an auxiliary water pump. If so when would you use this?
newtorv22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 05:07 PM   #2

Nit much stud there N. Ill get on my laptop and post pics that will let you see. WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 05:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtorv22 View Post
Alright, I finally got my XLR and have been using it for about 2 weeks. I love it. I have 2 questions though.
1: I wanna mount some E track inside the garage and can't find the stud spacing. I was gonna use 1/2" self tapping screws to fasten it but don't know if there's a better option. If anybody has the info or suggestions on the best way to mount this it would be appreciated.
2: Next to the tank flush there's a switch that I think is an auxiliary water pump. If so when would you use this?
When the temperature is just right (forming condensation) you can see your studs. Here are some pics. There seems to be one on curb side where the awning hardware is mounted, as well. I have pics of the front, but probably not what you need. I've enhanced them with red lines to make their locations clearer.
WW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141204_065522.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	85007   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141204_065610.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	85008   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141204_065616.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	85009  

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 08-05-2015, 05:32 PM   #4

Ok, I see them. I'll have to see if I can catch it just right and mark them inside. Thanks!
newtorv22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 05:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtorv22 View Post
Ok, I see them. I'll have to see if I can catch it just right and mark them inside. Thanks!
N, check again I drew red lines to make them easier to see.

Again, the stud material is very thin and light (hyper lite) and probably wouldn't hold much weight. I would go with a short #12 to #14 sheet metal screw not self drilling, but would drill a small pilot hole.

Wall thickness you already know about. about 1 inch (MOL)

If the track has to hold substantial weight, I would through-bolt it through the sides with probably stainless carriage bolts, but I wouldn't want to have to do that.

WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas