Old 02-27-2016, 07:30 PM   #11

As you know, the dressers plus the amount of the reduced pin wt. will add to the axle(s) wt., which should increase it by about 2200# if all other things being equal.
WW

Old 04-20-2016, 12:16 PM   #12

I just purchased one a week or two ago and pulled it 1,900 miles with my 08' 2500HD Duramax without any problems; if you are worried about the pin weight through a set of air bags in the rear of your truck, i have a set of air lift back there and all is well

Old 04-20-2016, 01:21 PM   #13

Is your truck a single wheel or DRW?
Old 04-20-2016, 01:22 PM   #14

single wheel not a dually; i also had no problem puling my heartland torque 291 for 4 years
Old 04-20-2016, 02:52 PM   #15

How do you like the Nitro so far? What made you go with a Forest River Nitro as opposed to another brand like you owned previously?
Old 04-20-2016, 03:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildrz View Post
How do you like the Nitro so far? What made you go with a Forest River Nitro as opposed to another brand like you owned previously?
honestly I am loving it so far and the difference in quality is remarkably better than the heartland; i immediately felt the difference the moment I opened the door. I went with the 29udql5 due to the open layout, the versatility, the vast amounts of windows for natural light, the little extras they put in like blue LED mood lighting, solar on the side, rear deck with automatic awning to go over it, the 4 fold out chairs from the couch (super comfy) and really there is just a lot of nice touches added for the price. Feel free to ask any other questions if I didnt address the ones on your mind.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:07 PM   #17

Your response is exactly what I thought when looking at the 29UDQL5. I wanted to hear what another owner had to say, especially someone that previously owned a different brand. I previously owned a XLR Hyper Lite (loved it but needed more room) before trading for the Nitro. Looked at several other brand toy haulers but always went back to the XLR. Like you, I felt an immediate difference in quality and craftsmanship. The XLR's might be shy a small feature here or there compared to others, but I will trade that for build quality and craftsmanship any day. Post a pic if you come across one of your rig!