Old 08-19-2016, 04:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Ian, if they're like most, they keep going in and out. Nothing can cool down the great outdoors.
The Lord....

I had to "threaten to kill" it didn't work. Maybe helped a tiny bit

Days camped 2016 8 2017 1
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:46 PM   #22

My daughter had a party for my g-daughter graduation. There were more people there than I can count; especially the little ones going in and out. Her AC was wide open all day and it wouldn't cool below 84; she knows an AC guy and he came out and check out the system and then in the morning to find the house at a comfortable 76; so it was the kids. Oh, the good news at the party, I was in my Hyperlite that evening and comfortable.

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 08:08 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmalm View Post
We have a one year old XLR Thunderbolt 340x12.

When we purchased we were told the unit had one AC and an extreme weather package and would keep everything cool in the summer. We have come to find out we need the 2nd AC. One unit runs continuously and doesn't really cool until 1am. With it running all the time we've added fans to try and help and with all the noise you can't hear a thing.

Here's my question, has anyone purchased a portable AC to use to help cool? My camper is wired for a second AC it's just more expensive.

Anyone have the same problem and have a solution? Thanks.
M, I just noticed your question. Without trying to sound like a sales pitch; I bought a 10K Haier. I really like it. I customized a plate to duct it through the floor (just in front of the fuel tank), that I can block off when not in use; I ran separated power to an outlet; a 20A breaker, then to an outside weather proof outlet; where I can connect to the pedestal or to a generator. My 2000 Honda can power it, but I haven't had to yet. It is running right now, set to 80 with the interior doors open keeps the camper from overheating and controlling mold. I looked yesterday and it was 80 in the garage and 85 in the living room.

It is much quieter than the Dometic, has remote control, fan only, or dehumidify mode. It has a condensate tank, but I have not had to empty yet, since it evaporates it away. It will cool the garage nicely. It is nice to be able to control it.

Haier 10,000 BTU 350 sq. ft. Cool Only Portable Air Conditioner with 80 Pint/Day Dehumidification Mode and LCD Remote Control-HPN10XCM - The Home Depot

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 04:43 PM   #24

there problem not yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmalm View Post
We have a one year old XLR Thunderbolt 340x12.

When we purchased we were told the unit had one AC and an extreme weather package and would keep everything cool in the summer. We have come to find out we need the 2nd AC. One unit runs continuously and doesn't really cool until 1am. With it running all the time we've added fans to try and help and with all the noise you can't hear a thing.

Here's my question, has anyone purchased a portable AC to use to help cool? My camper is wired for a second AC it's just more expensive.

Anyone have the same problem and have a solution? Thanks.

I have a toy hauler diff company told me same thing 1 a/c will not keep it cool its a bumper pull toy hauler ,I hired a lemon law atty ,no way am I going to have to put more of my money in a camper that they did not engineer correctly !
Old 08-20-2016, 04:55 PM   #25
Coachman 312BHDS

Our 2nd Dometic in our bedroom is the only thing that overwhelms my wife's snoring and lets me sleep like a baby. ;-)

Our 312BHDS was wired for the 2nd unit butt one would only need it if you live in a warmer climate. Not sure how one could sue them if the dealer only stayed with the ducted central unit. Comfort is an individual thing. Ours also has the 50 amp service. I say fork out for the proper installed unit and be done with it. You can pick several brands.

Besides a 2nd unit is zoned cooling that can have huge advantages if company comes along camping.
Old 08-20-2016, 06:20 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffowen View Post
I have a toy hauler diff company told me same thing 1 a/c will not keep it cool its a bumper pull toy hauler ,I hired a lemon law atty ,no way am I going to have to put more of my money in a camper that they did not engineer correctly !
I'm sure anything over 90 one ac unit would have a hard time keeping up . in my 29hsf th i have no issues keeping it cool up to 90 outside and 70 inside . of course i do not cool the garage , i also added insulation to the windows and cover the black outside surface of the slide that's in the sun . i have one vent in garage blocked off so only one going on in there where it stays about 10 degrees warmer then the rest of the unit . i use the garage door to come in and out of the unit so all is good with my 15500 btu ac .
Now weather a lemon law lawyer can do anything remains to be seen keep us up-dated on that . these cans we use as homes away from home will bake in the sun and a couple inches of insulation will not help much . of course i don't stay where the temps will be higher then 90 .most of the time just in the 80's during the day .
Old 08-20-2016, 06:56 PM   #27

r v industrys s responsibilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbln930 View Post
Our 2nd Dometic in our bedroom is the only thing that overwhelms my wife's snoring and lets me sleep like a baby. ;-)

Our 312BHDS was wired for the 2nd unit butt one would only need it if you live in a warmer climate. Not sure how one could sue them if the dealer only stayed with the ducted central unit. Comfort is an individual thing. Ours also has the 50 amp service. I say fork out for the proper installed unit and be done with it. You can pick several brands.

Besides a 2nd unit is zoned cooling that can have huge advantages if company comes along camping.
the R V industry has a legal responsibility to keep a unit with- in 20 degrees inside the unit of the outside temp. so if its 95 outside it has to be able to maintain 75 inside or less ,if it doesn't its there legal responsibility to make it right !
Old 08-20-2016, 07:05 PM   #28
Coachman 312BHDS

Well good luck on that. What if the RV unit doesn't have AC? Show us the law.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:17 PM   #29

Quote:
the R V industry has a legal responsibility to keep a unit with- in 20 degrees inside the unit of the outside temp. so if its 95 outside it has to be able to maintain 75 inside or less ,if it doesn't its there legal responsibility to make it right !
I think your stretching it . I've never read anywhere weather in a home or rv that requires a 20 degree differential in temps between inside and outside temps .
Old 08-20-2016, 07:38 PM   #30

Quote:
That is not correct, no way on earth that is possible. That is not written anywhere or show me where it is........................

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote