Old 08-20-2016, 07:43 PM   #31

We have a 30A camper we run the camper and its AC on the 30A plug and the second AC with its own independent wiring system using the 50A plug works great run a second refrigerator on it as well.

Many bigger RVs now have 3 ACs it is becoming more and more common.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:43 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
That is not correct, no way on earth that is possible. That is not written anywhere or show me where it is........................
been told by people in the r v industry and my lemon law atty ..in my case it was 93 outside and was 88 inside we where not fanning doors kept them closed over 4 hours ! r v tech also told me all r v 's should be cool with in a 4 hours time frame believe me if you want or call and ask a reputable dealer ,lemon law atty. or e mail the factory and find out for your self !

Old 08-20-2016, 08:18 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffowen View Post
been told by people in the r v industry and my lemon law atty ..in my case it was 93 outside and was 88 inside we where not fanning doors kept them closed over 4 hours ! r v tech also told me all r v 's should be cool with in a 4 hours time frame believe me if you want or call and ask a reputable dealer ,lemon law atty. or e mail the factory and find out for your self !
No I have a reputable dealer, but I do not see how that can be proved, but I am more interested in where that is written in law. Lemon laws do not cover RVs in most states either. In this state a lawyer would say sorry no lemon law here for RVs. Sounds like a lot of time and money for nothing. I know what an AC should do but..........

I am one of those show me in writing because i do not believe that it is......

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 08-20-2016, 08:46 PM   #34
Carknocker Family

Money spent on a lawyer would probably buy a second a/c unit.

But it's your money, spend it, burn it, give it to me😁, makes no difference.
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 08:50 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ida Ratherbe Camping View Post
Money spent on a lawyer would probably buy a second a/c unit.

But it's your money, spend it, burn it, give it to me��, makes no difference.
r v dealers & mfgr's love you guys ! why do you think there's so many problems with r v 's now ? Mmmmm could it be because no one will stand up to them??? btw ! won't cost me any money
Old 08-20-2016, 09:12 PM   #36
Carknocker Family

Let us know how it turns out.
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 06:59 AM   #37

There should be a 20 deg change from outside temp and what's coming out of the vent of the AC. But not trailer temp.
Plus this would fall under the AC manufacture not the RV manufacture.

So you would get a new AC not a new trailer.

My 5th wheel has the extreme weather package. Double insulated Windows , insulated belly, insulated cap. I was camping in 98 deg full sun and high humidity and my one AC never shut down. But I would expect this during a heat wave.

I agree the garage area needs more heat and AC. But this area has less insulated material. If you plan on camping in the hot summer or cold winters you need to add a extra AC and heater. Keep in mind this area is call a Garage.

Keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-21-2016, 07:06 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffowen View Post
r v dealers & mfgr's love you guys ! why do you think there's so many problems with r v 's now ? Mmmmm could it be because no one will stand up to them??? btw ! won't cost me any money
No its because there is no Lemon Law and no way to win. Oh wait the lawyers always win.

No law to back it up. No law saying an AC has to perform to a certain standard. No Lemon Law in most states for RVs. ACs are an option you can buy a camper without one. How could you possibly win.

Good Luck let us know how it works out.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 08-21-2016, 07:19 AM   #39
Coachman 312BHDS

+1. It is a warranty item on the AC and there is no guarantee on the trailer indoor temperature. Our 312BHDS has the insulated heated bottom as well. When it hit 100F at very high humidity at Table Rock Lake in Missouri about two months ago it took both ACs to hold 75 F and they both ran continuously. Lawyers and frivolous law suits is what raises the cost on everything. It's what's wrong with America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
There should be a 20 deg change from outside temp and what's coming out of the vent of the AC. But not trailer temp.
Plus this would fall under the AC manufacture not the RV manufacture.

So you would get a new AC not a new trailer.

My 5th wheel has the extreme weather package. Double insulated Windows , insulated belly, insulated cap. I was camping in 98 deg full sun and high humidity and my one AC never shut down. But I would expect this during a heat wave.

I agree the garage area needs more heat and AC. But this area has less insulated material. If you plan on camping in the hot summer or cold winters you need to add a extra AC and heater. Keep in mind this area is call a Garage.

Keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-21-2016, 08:01 AM   #40

The difference between temps at the return and at the registers should be greater than 20 degrees; called "delta" has nothing to do with difference between outside and inside temperatures; way too many variables; not the least of which: sun or shade, people running in and out, etc. The only way if it is 100 degrees outside that I can get my 29HFS less than 80 inside is to add a second AC in the garage and cover the windows to better insulate them. I also added insulation to the floor, but need to do more. In FLA the so called lemon law says, "If the motor vehicle is a recreational vehicle (RV), towable RV’s are not covered by the Lemon Law and the Lemon Law does not cover the “living facilities” of motorized RV’s (those portions of the RV designed, used or maintained primarily as living quarters). "

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote