Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2016, 08:16 AM   #41
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffowen View Post
I have a toy hauler diff company told me same thing 1 a/c will not keep it cool its a bumper pull toy hauler ,I hired a lemon law atty ,no way am I going to have to put more of my money in a camper that they did not engineer correctly !

Good luck

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "25"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 04:09 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffowen View Post
been told by people in the r v industry and my lemon law atty ..in my case it was 93 outside and was 88 inside we where not fanning doors kept them closed over 4 hours ! r v tech also told me all r v 's should be cool with in a 4 hours time frame believe me if you want or call and ask a reputable dealer ,lemon law atty. or e mail the factory and find out for your self !
well it seems you were the only one told that . i also don't know of any tech that would make a statement like that . maybe you have a bad ac . but no dealer or tech will tell you 4 hrs to cool . you need to provide facts not just opinion and false statements .
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:51 AM   #43

I know things go bump in the night and nothing is perfect. Forest River takes effort to market their insulation ratings and how the foil barrier is installed top and bottom. However when I went into a unit on a sales lot this week in Florida with temps around 90, I stuck my head in the pass-through storage and it was chilly in there.
Knowing something ain't right, I asked the sales guy if the basement was supposed to be cooled and he quietly said "there may be an issue with that unit." My point is that RVs in general are never a sealed box as your home may be. If you have any suspicions that is may get hot inside IT WILL. If you ever have a chance to upgrade A/C when making a purchase DO IT.
Now if you're the type that only camps in the mountains, all of this applies in reverse--get more heating capability.
Nights Camped: 2017=61
Nights Camped: 2018=25
Nights Camped: 2019=12 | Booked=6
florabama is offline   Reply With Quote