Page 28 on overloads

That is 104 degrees F

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 03:28 PM   #32

Thanks, but to much information. Where do you find this stuff? All breakers are designed with a margin that it will hold on a start up, but if you do not come out of the start up your breaker will trip within the set period. That is why it is important to put on hard start kits to compressors to get it out of the start wind. What that means and happens is called nuisance tripping. Our breakers are the so called constant breaker it will hold if you do not go over the rating of the breaker. There is no way possible that my main 30 amp breaker can hold on 40.5 amps being put through it. I would think that on this forum there must be a licensed electrician,That can explain this in layman terms. Breakers are not meant to be switches, I know as probably everyone else is that we turn off the pedestal breaker before unplugging or plugging in after you hook your EMS to the socket, common sense will will tell you that it not wise to unplug a TT with power running to it. Every Time a person does that it weakens the breaker, let alone what it will do to the receptacle.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:45 PM   #33
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Thanks, but to much information. Where do you find this stuff?
Just answering your question:

"Can I ask where you got this information that my 30 amp trailer breaker will not open until I'm pulling 40.5 amps? God forbid if that is true. My whole trailer would probably catch on fire."

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 09-27-2015, 07:47 PM   #34
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Thanks, but to much information. Where do you find this stuff? All breakers are designed with a margin that it will hold on a start up, but if you do not come out of the start up your breaker will trip within the set period. That is why it is important to put on hard start kits to compressors to get it out of the start wind. What that means and happens is called nuisance tripping. Our breakers are the so called constant breaker it will hold if you do not go over the rating of the breaker. There is no way possible that my main 30 amp breaker can hold on 40.5 amps being put through it. I would think that on this forum there must be a licensed electrician,That can explain this in layman terms. Breakers are not meant to be switches, I know as probably everyone else is that we turn off the pedestal breaker before unplugging or plugging in after you hook your EMS to the socket, common sense will will tell you that it not wise to unplug a TT with power running to it. Every Time a person does that it weakens the breaker, let alone what it will do to the receptacle.
Not sure where you are going with that...

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 09-27-2015, 08:37 PM   #35

Yes, AC and water heater could trip a 30 A breaker if you are getting very low voltage from the park. Was fridge on electric? Your converter could have been working hard too. Moving to 50A on an adapter has helped me. Start Assist and delay fan help, for sure. 50A is actually 100A and a single AC trailer shouldn't require it.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:28 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Yes, AC and water heater could trip a 30 A breaker if you are getting very low voltage from the park. Was fridge on electric? Your converter could have been working hard too. Moving to 50A on an adapter has helped me. Start Assist and delay fan help, for sure. 50A is actually 100A and a single AC trailer shouldn't require it.
Yes Your right, but that is why I have a EMS to shut down the power in low voltage situation. All A/C and such are built with a 10% plus or minus safety factor built into them. That is why your ems will shut your power off if that happens. 50 amp has nothing to do with it except they are more then likely in better shape such as the breaker and socket. I know in Goshen my 30 amp kept tripping at the pole so I switched over to the 50. I understand that my limiting factor is still 30 amps. Weak breakers and lose sockets will cause nuisance tripping.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 09-28-2015, 04:35 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post

"Can I ask where you got this information that my 30 amp trailer breaker will not open until I'm pulling 40.5 amps? God forbid if that is true. My whole trailer would probably catch on fire."
That information was posted earlier, saying that a 30 amp breaker would hold to 135% of the rating. Or 40.5 amps. Which we know it won't.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 09-28-2015, 06:45 AM   #38

I've. Been eating a lot of popcorn lol

The safest way is to put the capacitors inline w your AC unit

Your trailer wiring is not rated for 50amps - yes - it will handle it - but say something goes bad - now you got a breaker that won't blow till it has plus 50amps on 30amp wiring - this is called a fire - and total meltdown of all the copper in your electrical system - every time your draw more amps than what your wire is rated for - you are fatiguing the wire and if they used aluminum wire to save cost and is probably the wrong size (aluminum needs to be double the size of copper) needed instead of copper - the wire will fatigue extremely faster --- I work with 100 to 200 amp circuits everyday bumped up to 150KV

Bring the start up amps down w capacitor kits - AC, Fridge fan ect --They are cheap and a much safer alternative than using adaptor to plug into 50amps

Be Safe - trailer go up in minutes when it comes to a fire

My 2 cents

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!
Old 09-28-2015, 07:26 AM   #39
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

While at a frog rally in Nashville Tennessee this summer I was down to 103 volts on 30 amp service with a/c and hw heater.
It was 90 + degrees and very humid.
I switched over to 50 amp and was instantly back up to 112 - 114 volts.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "27 nights"
Old 09-28-2015, 07:44 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post

Here's one source:

http://goodsonengineering.com/wp-con...rMyths_web.pdf

Tags
service