Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2015, 07:13 AM   #1

300x12 stairs seized/water pump issue/decals garbage

since new the stairs have been rather hard to fold in and out. the dealer said to spray lube on the pivots and i did. they are at the point now where i (6'6'' 265 lbs 33 years old) have an issue even getting them to function. is this a common issue? i should just replace or is there another fix?

my water pump has always since new, has an issue staying primed. you turn the switch on and hear it prime. then after it shuts off about every 10 seconds it prumps again for a few seconds and repeats. the dealer says its fine, they cant think of why it would do it. there are no visable signs of leaks anywhere.

the decals on the cap had a wrinkle from new. after the first season, it has now flaked and peeled. numerous decals have shrunk, made visable by remaining glue residue. not to big of a deal except in multiple piece ones like the ramp door and cap. the ramp door has the same shrunk problem. also i noticed that the whole sticker is not centered on the door. its about 1.25'' to one side of center.

of course the dealership once again says decals are not covered and its my bill. if i pull xlr off i sure as hell wont put xlr back on.
anyone else have any advice here?
kylecott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:27 AM   #2
Carknocker Family

IMO if your pump pressures up and then keeps coming on. You have a leak, somewhere. Low point drains, something. Steps should not be that hard to pull. maybe installed out of square or in a bind somewhere. And as far as your decals, if still under warranty, I would be hitting XLR up. Sounds like your dealer doesnt want to fix anything under warranty and the fixed price that comes with it. good luck
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ida Ratherbe Camping View Post
IMO if your pump pressures up and then keeps coming on. You have a leak, somewhere. Low point drains, something. Steps should not be that hard to pull. maybe installed out of square or in a bind somewhere. And as far as your decals, if still under warranty, I would be hitting XLR up. Sounds like your dealer doesnt want to fix anything under warranty and the fixed price that comes with it. good luck
This ^ and I'd start looking for a new dealer/service provider.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:30 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

You can also have air in the system on an item you haven't used.
Outside shower?

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:38 AM   #5

Our pump did this and there were no leaks or air in the lines. I disassembled the pump and found plastic shavings/debris from the original assembly of the water system in the pump valves. These chips were allowing water to backflow past the pump valve(s). Cleaned, reassembled and now the pump never cycles after pump up unless we are using water.
pjnlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:38 AM   #6
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

I have a small leak on my water heater relief. Additionally, the bunkhouse toilet sometimes dribbles. It takes time to chase the weepers. Good luck!
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:39 AM   #7

i have tried for 2 seasons to pin point the water issue. maybe i should just swap the pump out.

yeah the dealer......

i moved so i wont be dealing there anymore. my problem was that from the time i signed the papers and took delivery of my new unit the salesman no longer worked there due to medical reasons. another salesman did the delivery and frankly was rather a dick.

my friend was looking to trade his stealth in on a 395 amp. i looked at another new unit that caught my eye. this was 18 months after my purchase. first he said he wouldnt be able to make my trade work well and i would lose way too much. for my friend he wouldnt even haggle on the price. he could have sold 150,000 plus worth of units that day and didnt care.

this dealership i will not bash here publically, however they are in southern alberta and i am glad to be in british columbia now.
kylecott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylecott View Post
since new the stairs have been rather hard to fold in and out. the dealer said to spray lube on the pivots and i did. they are at the point now where i (6'6'' 265 lbs 33 years old) have an issue even getting them to function. is this a common issue? i should just replace or is there another fix?

my water pump has always since new, has an issue staying primed. you turn the switch on and hear it prime. then after it shuts off about every 10 seconds it prumps again for a few seconds and repeats. the dealer says its fine, they cant think of why it would do it. there are no visable signs of leaks anywhere.

the decals on the cap had a wrinkle from new. after the first season, it has now flaked and peeled. numerous decals have shrunk, made visable by remaining glue residue. not to big of a deal except in multiple piece ones like the ramp door and cap. the ramp door has the same shrunk problem. also i noticed that the whole sticker is not centered on the door. its about 1.25'' to one side of center.

of course the dealership once again says decals are not covered and its my bill. if i pull xlr off i sure as hell wont put xlr back on.
anyone else have any advice here?
If you're under warranty, your under warranty. Decals included. Call FR and get some satisfaction.

On the pump, it is bleeding back past the check valve. Don't bother dealer about it. Get yourself a good variable speed pump and change it out yourself. Takes only a half hour and you'll get a better quality pump in the process.

On the stairs, again, talk to FR. If it's under warranty, then they will cover a new set.

Only caveat is if you are referring to an extended warranty as opposed to the new vehicle warranty that came with the RV. In that case forget all I said and punt...
taken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump