Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #1

380 amp quality

i went to hershey rv show a month ago to see toyhaulers and we were tossed between 4100 cyclone and the 380 amp.

of course they point out all the bad stuff each other have. but a few things that are pointed out that concerned were the axles and the frame.

they said the axles are lippert and theirs was dexter. then, they said that dexter axles were twice as thick the lippert.

then they said the pay more for their frames because the pay for extra reenforced frames. i know they are both lippert frames.

my wife really likes the 380amps floor plans and all the cabinets it has. but i'm concerned of having problems with it.

i already have a silverback and had great luck with it. i just dont find the bunk house as practical as i hoped and i would like to bring our golf cart too.

so any help would be great.
thanks
rb71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb71
i went to hershey rv show a month ago to see toyhaulers and we were tossed between 4100 cyclone and the 380 amp.

of course they point out all the bad stuff each other have. but a few things that are pointed out that concerned were the axles and the frame.

they said the axles are lippert and theirs was dexter. then, they said that dexter axles were twice as thick the lippert.

then they said the pay more for their frames because the pay for extra reenforced frames. i know they are both lippert frames.

my wife really likes the 380amps floor plans and all the cabinets it has. but i'm concerned of having problems with it.

i already have a silverback and had great luck with it. i just dont find the bunk house as practical as i hoped and i would like to bring our golf cart too.

so any help would be great.
thanks
Both brands use Lippert frames. The Lippert vs Dexter argument doesn't hold any water. They use the same tires as XLR so there's the least common denominator.

Did the Cyclone rep admit that XLR has all these that he doesn't?

Frameless windows
Laminated slide out walls that don't flex
5,000 lb tie downs that are steel reinforced
3,000 lb cargo capacity in the garage
Tons of overhead storage in the kitchen
Huge triple pane glass shower in the master bathroom
Floor to ceiling "rock" fireplace with mantle
Crown molding throughout the coach
Triple 30# LP tanks
LED lights all around the exterior

You'll get way more value from an XLR and the same quality you've had in your Silverback (another FR division) .
Guest6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #3

thanks tt78

i was thinking the same thing but that little voice saying (what ifs).

my wife really likes the floor plan. and my silverback has been a great trailer (little scared to get rid of a great trailer).
thanks
rb71 is offline   Reply With Quote