Old 09-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #1

395AMP have alot of problems

Just wanted to see if there was anyone else experiencing as many problems as we have with our unit. We had problems with our fridge not staying cool, microwave blew, when you turn on the lights in the master bedroom or bathroom the tv s loose there signal, we have real bad squeaks in the bathroom floor and around the right side of the island, the floor in the garage has a lifted crease from one side to the other, our generator had to be fix with less then an hour on it, leaking water over the tire well and in the belly below. It's been crazy!!! We bought this in February picked it up the end of May this year.

We brought it to a dealer to be fixed in July. They fixed the microwave, and the fridge, they said the fridge was never vented and were surprised our camper didn't burn down. They looked into the squeak in the floor by the island by cutting up my underbelly. ( Real nice) they said they fixed it but never did. Said they never found no leak so we will have to pay for there time looking for something they didn't find. It's under warranty! So now we left our campground we stay at 2 months at a time and water poured out from the underbelly when we pulled it out. And was leaking through the tape they used to seal up the cutting they did on the underbelly. Now im worried about mold! And the lifting in the garage, they said they needed Forest Rivers approval to look into it. We have never hauled anything back there but our washer and dryer. We have never had leaking water inside the garage. So here we sit. A brand new camper that was full of water in the underbelly. Squeaky and lifting floors. Tv s you can't use if you want to turn on the lights. Brought it back to the dealer to see if we can get that all fixed.

We were not expecting soooo many issues! This is our 4th camper. Never had one issue with any of them. Never had to bring those campers in once. We are going to call Forest River warranty today and see what they say.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #2

I have a 380 amp
When I picked it up the refer made a terrible noise,they told me that's the way they sound?I knew this wasn't true.They told me that you had to manually level the camper with the buttons told me auto level wasn't on this unit?I knew this wasn't true.The camper has full body paint so when they masked off the camper to paint it they masked off the inside of the vent covers for the refer and forgot to remove it causing the refer to overheat and chatter.I removed tape and problem was fixed.When I picked up camper I went camping that day since I traveled 700 miles to pick up,Got to campsite that was not to level and went to set jacks down on camper ,so I hit the auto level button ,everything was going good in the beginning until the system jacked one side of the camper up so high I thought it was going to flip it onto its side,thankfully jacks maxed out and stopped left side tires were off the ground about a foot.So I manually set camper level,I called lippert they told me the fix to switch two wires around on solenoids.
Auto level works perfect now.First shower I took more water was on bathroom floor than shower floor.Easy fix chalked shower frame no problems since.
I do have sqeaks in my steps ,really doesn't bother me enough to fix.I do have the same problem with the led lighting in camper ,when I turn on lights the tv loses signal.Other than the problems I listed above I am 100 percent happy with camper.i have had other rigs with a lot more problems being brand new.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #3

We had the same thing with our level system too!! We think that it what caused the buckle in the floor in the garage. It lifted the one side so much we thought it was going to tip too! It works now.

We never did get up and look to see what was the cause of the fridge not being vented. And the dealer never old us.

The floors squeaks just seem to get worse the longer we use it. Wouldn't bother me I guess to much if they weren't getting worse. Makes me feel like some things wrong underneath?.

We love the camper, as far as how roomy it is for our family, the lay out, and the over look of the camper- we have full body paint too. But it's the fact that you are buying a new camper and your spending quit a bit of $$ for the camper. I would like to have it all in working order and look new! I really don't feel that I'm asking for something unreachable. We all live and learn. And I'm learning right now.

We called FR but had to leave a message. I'm calling back today. So I'll keep posting.

Thanks so much for your response. At least we are not the only ones with bugs we are trying to work out! And I have read many posts on here too with people having wire problems and construction problems with there rv's. Real thankful I wasn't the guy with the axel problems. Thank goodness everyone was okay! I live in MN and in our state it's legal to ride in the rv down the road as long as you have communication with the driver. What a scary ride that would have been.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
Just Love to Camp

We also have had a number of problems. The squeak in the floor was from the two subfloor pieces not being supported. Hang in threre. I am sure it will get better

2012 F450
Virginia
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #5

Floor sqeaks can be easy to fix,it could be possible that the jacks did twist the body enough to pull the plywood loose on the floor in garage if that is the case the flooring would have to be removed and plywood screwed back down then replace flooring materials,sqeaks in carpet areas can be fix with small head trim screws ,screw them through the carpet until screw head pulls through carpet.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #6

Diane from FR called us back yesterday as was going to be calling the dealer our camper is at. She said everything will get fixed. She said even if our one year warranty is up she will make sure things are fixed. So we have our fingers crossed.

Yes, I believe too that the floor should be an easy fix! Just so it gets fixed, that's all I want.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #7

Still waiting for things to be approved to be fixed!!! The joys of an rv owner!!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:20 PM   #8

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with the new trailer, really unbelievable to have this many. I have had my trailer almost a year and I have only had a bad switch in the furnace and a brake.

Forest River stepped up for the manufacturer of the brakes and covered the costs, I hope they do right by you as well.

We really like our trailer and have stayed in it over 40 nights.

(I have a 2013 395AMP)
Old 09-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #9

We flooded our garage through the washer vent when trying to back flow water into the grey tanks. It shot up right through the vent. It looks like the dealership did the same when they winterized it. Water leaked from there into the belly but hopefully it has all drained out. Did anyone figure out the light/tv thing? Ours does this too. More than a little annoying. Also are yours wired to have the speakers outside on all the time?
Old 10-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp1356 View Post
We flooded our garage through the washer vent when trying to back flow water into the grey tanks. It shot up right through the vent. It looks like the dealership did the same when they winterized it. Water leaked from there into the belly but hopefully it has all drained out. Did anyone figure out the light/tv thing? Ours does this too. More than a little annoying. Also are yours wired to have the speakers outside on all the time?

Go into the radio section in your control panel and push on settings. Move the fader slide bar over and you now have all the sound in the trailer.

Hope this helps...