Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2016, 05:19 PM   #1

425 AMP purchase, Done!

After months of research, and looking at pretty much every make and model, we found our new Thunderbolt, just a few hrs from our house. Thanks to member "play harder", who actually saw the unit on a lot, in eastern Washington, it saved me a long drive. We pick it up, Thursday, and look forward to getting this behemoth home!

Great forum, and I appreciate all the info from y'all. I'm sure everyone's seen an XLR, so I won't bore u with pics. But I will shoot a couple of it before we pull away from the lot, and venture on the 4 hr journey home.

Duallyd (Jon)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jw2b68oerj...20425.jpg?dl=0
duallyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:45 PM   #2

Congrats on your 425 AMP!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 10:46 PM   #3

Congrats - that definitely a beast - the sale guy saw me taking pictures told me I'd need a bigger truck lol
Play Harder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 10:54 PM   #4
I go RV'ing not Camping

Congrats
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Harder View Post
Congrats - that definitely a beast - the sale guy saw me taking pictures told me I'd need a bigger truck lol
They're installing a 20.5k hitch, and airbags on my truck, when we get there. Trailer, hitch, and bags, $65,700 (plus tax)
Old 03-09-2016, 12:34 AM   #6

425 AMP purchase, Done!

Great deal - when sticker was $98,500 good job-they told me they where very motivated to move the 4 units that had - - someday my little 1/2 ton truck will grow into a dually too and then I'll be stepping up to a 5ver too 😜

Really like the layout w seating and view on door side
Old 03-09-2016, 12:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Great deal - when sticker was $98,500 good job-they told me they where very motivated to move the 4 units that had - - someday my little 1/2 ton truck will grow into a dually too and then I'll be stepping up to a 5ver too 😜

Really like the layout w seating and view on door side
Thanks for the heads up on this dealership. The closest 425 I could find, was in Sacramento. Wife was loving the 415, until she saw the lay out of the 425. Having the bigger loft, easy oven access, and the desk by the tv, was the clincher. XLR's have their poop together, when it comes to design and storage. Throw in the better price point, and it's really a no brainer.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:51 AM   #8

Congrats on the new unit! We just picked up our 375 and the wife loves it!!
Nguyenbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:41 PM   #9

Very nice. What dealer did you pick it up from. Just curious we purchased ours in Eastern Washington at Canopy Country RV. Very nice dealership and good service before and after the sale.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkchriston View Post
Very nice. What dealer did you pick it up from. Just curious we purchased ours in Eastern Washington at Canopy Country RV. Very nice dealership and good service before and after the sale.
Bingo! Same dealer. Pick it up tomorrow, and so far they've been really nice people.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:12 PM   #11

Congrats....you will love it. I cant remember of hand his name but our salesman from canopy country does an event every year at his house (big property) where he invites canopy country customers to come stay the weekend at his place. There is usually a Forest River XLR rep that comes and answers any questions, and even helps fix things your having issues with. Very cool deal.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkchriston View Post
Congrats....you will love it. I cant remember of hand his name but our salesman from canopy country does an event every year at his house (big property) where he invites canopy country customers to come stay the weekend at his place. There is usually a Forest River XLR rep that comes and answers any questions, and even helps fix things your having issues with. Very cool deal.
I'll be sure and ask, sounds like fun.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:19 PM   #13

Well, got it home, and decided to take it out for the first time at a local RV park, last night. Getting it set up, heard a few loud POPS while opening the refer/stove slide, and it didn't open all the way on the left side (stove) about an inch or so from the seal. It retracted in all the way, but won't open all the way.

Actually was talking to a Forest River sales rep via email, for the last week or so, and shot him an email about the issue. He got Bullet Bob in touch with me, and we discussed the issue. He's having the regional rep get in touch with me, to get the issue fixed. Aside from that, the over nighter was great. Heater works awesome, hot water heater is amazingly fast in heating up water for showers, and surprisingly got 42 HD channels(without cable) on the boob tube. Only watched a little tv, since we had all this new stuff to check out.

Very happy with how this behemoth pulls, and how well they track. Gave the ol 5.9 Cummins a good workout, but having the dually makes pulling an absolute dream. Going from no trailer, to this giant, was a little intimidating, but having 4 hrs of drive time home, gave me some good time to get used to it.

Gotta say, this auto level is one sweet set up. All in all, was a very cool experience, and wanna give a shout out to Bullet Bob for spending time on the phone with me, and answering questions for this newbe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	265.7 KB
ID:	101797  
Old 03-13-2016, 04:51 PM   #14

Congrats!

Toys-
Yamaha G9 Golf Cart
2010 Harley FLHX with lots of mods
bowtie_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:00 PM   #15

DD where you camp? Glad you got it home and safe - see your in Vancouver I'm down in the gorge almost every weekend come memorial weekend - WW is headed To OR coast this summer - maybe we should get a camp out planned?

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2002 Chevy 1/2 ton Quadrasteer
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!
Old 03-13-2016, 10:16 PM   #16

Quote:
DD where you camp? Glad you got it home and safe - see your in Vancouver I'm down in the gorge almost every weekend come memorial weekend - WW is headed To OR coast this summer - maybe we should get a camp out planned?

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2002 Chevy 1/2 ton Quadrasteer
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!
Ok, what's WW lol? Where do we camp? Being this is our first rv, and never liked sleeping on the ground in a tent, camping has never been my thing

We bought this to full time in for a year or so, until we relocate to either SoCal or maybe Texas, depends on where my wife decides she wants to work as an RN.

Definitely see us doing some beach runs, or anywhere we can drag the Harleys along for some riding. It's a whole new adventure for us. Where u from?
Old 03-14-2016, 10:41 AM   #17

Wolf Whistle another member coming up from Florida to the NW for the summer -- ok We really aren't camping 😜😜