Normally this time of year, the wife and I are in snowmobile mode. Not so much this year with el nino wreaking havoc on northeast snow lovers. So, I decided to pick at a few of the easier spring projects that were cluttering my work bench.
First I went up on the roof and installed the Winegard Wingman add on to my Sensar antenna. It's supposed to be the best bang for your buck upgrade in digital over the air signal. It installs with plastic push rivets in about 1 minute. No tools required. Before and after pics.
Next, I upgraded my Winegard antenna booster wall plate to one with a digital signal strength readout to help in aiming the antenna when you get to the RV park. Since the original one was next to my garage TV with a front output jack for that TV, it wasn't exactly plug and play. The updated booster has no front jack (all outputs in the rear) so I had to add a coax jack for the LR TV right below the booster. The upgraded booster also allows you to adjust signal strength. (Along with lots of other features I haven't bothered to read about yet...) More before and after pics.
Next, my trailer came with the Lippert Linc remote control. I always stored it in a drawer but found that they now make a wall mount for it. I was able to order the mount directly from Lippert who was nice enough to only charge me $1 for the part
... and even nicer to charge me $17 for shipping this half ounce piece of plastic via UPS ground. Thanks LCI... Anyways, I mounted it between the main door and the kitchen slide so I could reach in from the steps and grab it easily when needed.
Lastly, because I don't like leaving my 50 foot 50 amp cord out all winter, I decided to install a new 20 amp outlet near my existing 50 amp outlet and tie it into the load panel that feeds my shed and the 50 amp outlet. I had a spot open so I installed a dedicated 20 amp breaker and installed my old work vinyl siding box for the outlet. Then I installed a nice metal in use cover
over the outlet. To connect to the RV I bought a true 20 amp extension cord (99% of them are 15 amp) and sealed it to the 50 am/20 amp adapter with a water tight cover
. I also put a rubber strip over the cord so I wouldn't trip over it on the occasional winter trip to the RV.