Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2015, 08:57 AM   #1

A/C

Ever since new our 2014 395 XLR Thunderbolt bedroom A/C has dripped water out of the A/C filter. Took it back to the dealer for them to work on it once and they stated that they had fixed it. Well after our next trip the thing still dripped as much as ever so I took the cover off from the inside and could only see some water coming down from taped up roof. I put it all back together to work on it when we got home, so the trash bag and pan went back onto the bed during the day, one A/C will not keep it cool in 96 degree days. Finally took the time to tear into it Friday and I think I have it figured out. The main A/C duct work runs all the way to the front A/C and is only blocked off by some duct tape and some of the rubber roofing material, which causes no problems on the cold side but it also runs into the hot side. Which in turn causes condensation on the duct tape that runs down and drips from the filter. So to fix it I opened the duct work up and sealed all of the cracks good with duct tape and moved the divider( keeps cold and hot sides separate). So now if you turn the both A/Cs on and close all of the A/Cs cover vents all of the cold air is blowing through the the ductwork.
the.wilsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:01 AM   #2

Hard believe how shoddy the construction is for some of these builds. Ya think they would have this down to a science

2015 Coachmen Prism 24J MBS
USN-R '01-present
MarsMan is offline   Reply With Quote