Old 08-31-2014, 10:15 PM   #11
there are several factors involved which include the temperature and humidity outside. If your unit is dirty (coils), it will not be able to cool as efficiently either.

Another factor is size of the unit versus the size of the area needing to be cooled.

Basically everybody's situation will be different from yours unless it is the exact same rig parked next to each other under identical conditions.

But what you describe does sound similar to a rapid cycling condition which could indicate low coolant levels. But that is just an educated guess. mid-90 degree days are hard on the system.

- 2015.5 Salem 30QBSS Show Stopper
- Previous 1999 Skamper Lite by Thor
Kungfu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:45 PM   #12
Keep the door between the main room and garage closed if the garage room isn't being used. That room is not insulated like the rest of the trailer.

Go leafs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:09 PM   #13
Originally Posted by laurajean View Post
Thanks for all the good information. I didn't realize those cycle so often, even at night. I had it set for 72 while even at night it was humid and mid 80's. Run for 90 seconds, off for 90 seconds. . I did not get to move the vent away from the thermostat before we packed up. So that might help.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
The cycling on/off of any heater or A/C is controlled by the Thermostat, you set the temperature. If it cycles early like your experience, its most likely a safety device or faulty mech/elec. device. It needs to be checked out.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:47 PM   #14
If it's a Dometic digital thermostat there is a thermostat/furnace interface program procedure in the manual. Very simple, might try that.

bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote