Old 03-17-2015, 02:07 PM   #61

the st tires have a 36 month warranty

Old 03-23-2015, 01:37 PM   #62
John513

Hey guys,

After reading this about the weight and axles here I somewhat confused. Can anyone tell me when they started putting in the heavier axles (5200#) and where or can I tell what I currently have. Also I don't have a tongue weight scale yet, but I am guessing my tongue weight is somewhere around 1100# with full propane and generator and nothing in cargo area besides bed and pass thru. I do like primitive camping and when possible I will fill water when close to my destination for the fact the water tank is closer to front.

Thanks
John

Old 03-23-2015, 01:38 PM   #63
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRiordan View Post
Hey guys,

After reading this about the weight and axles here I somewhat confused. Can anyone tell me when they started putting in the heavier axles (5200#) and where or can I tell what I currently have. Also I don't have a tongue weight scale yet, but I am guessing my tongue weight is somewhere around 1100# with full propane and generator and nothing in cargo area besides bed and pass thru. I do like primitive camping and when possible I will fill water when close to my destination for the fact the water tank is closer to front.

Thanks
John
Should be a tag on your axles.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:15 PM   #64

They used to have 5200# now 4400#. Turbs is right, there is a label on the axles and a big white sticker left front and a yellow one as well... Easier to get to. Shown is weights and capacities.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:34 PM   #65

Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks
John

The only ones that got 5200lbs axles are when some units went out mis labeled showing a cargo of 4000 . that was fixed and you get nothing but 4400 # axles . the only reason people got the 5200 upgrade was because of this . none ever came with 5200 from the factory . had long talks with Diane and got the correct answers and not the forum rumors
Old 03-23-2015, 02:38 PM   #66
John513

OK that cleared it up for me. Thanks Guys
Old 03-23-2015, 06:43 PM   #67

Quote:
Hey guys,

... Can anyone tell me when they started putting in the heavier axles (5200#) and where or can I tell what I currently have. Also I don't have a tongue weight scale yet, but I am guessing my tongue weight is somewhere around 1100# with full propane and generator and nothing in cargo area besides bed and pass thru...

Thanks
John
John, actually they did at one time. I can't be absolutely sure if all in this model line came with the stouter axles, but in late 2014 to early 2015 they switched to the 4400# axles, reduced the cargo and gross weight ratings, with disappointed buyers howling over it. Yes, some had stickers and axles that didn't match, but there was at least one (me) who had the correct stickers, but had a bottoming out issue. FR stepped up immediately and corrected the issue.

Part of the confusion is brochures didn't keep up with production and people still are searching for information and finding obsolete brochures.

I have a theory that since the 2xHFS XLRs are claimed to be 1/2 ton towable (that's a whole other story!) but with 5200# axles the GVWR is nearly 11,000#; only certain 1/2 tons on steroids can.

Check the stickers first, that should tell you Cargo capacity; gross weight, axle and tire ratings. Oh, and the actual weight as it left FR.

I just noticed after posting you have your answer, sorry
Old 03-23-2015, 08:55 PM   #68
John513

I don't understand the 1/2 ton towable part. The weight is ok, but the tongue weight for a half ton is a lot and I wouldn't pull with one.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:34 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
The only ones that got 5200lbs axles are when some units went out mis labeled showing a cargo of 4000 . that was fixed and you get nothing but 4400 # axles . the only reason people got the 5200 upgrade was because of this . none ever came with 5200 from the factory . had long talks with Diane and got the correct answers and not the forum rumors
I spoke with the factory rep on this a while back so I can support the above statement as fact.

They will only use 4400lb axles. That said, if you load the trailer to it's Gross Max, you can not exceed the axle rating as your tow vehicle will carry part of that as tongue weight. Keep tires properly inflated and weigh your trailer. No worries.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:41 PM   #70

Quote:
I don't understand the 1/2 ton towable part. The weight is ok, but the tongue weight for a half ton is a lot and I wouldn't pull with one.
Hope I can get 1200# tongue weight when I load mine. Make my 1/2 ton a happy tower

Tags
weight