Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2014, 07:05 PM   #1

Antennae use 300X12

I cannot get anything on the antennae ? I have fiddle with everything even the button for something with tv in the garage, all I ever get is no signal, it works on cable fine but where I am at for the next six months is sat or air... Right now I have radio...

Thanks in advance...Dave
fast11970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #2

Don't know your model, but there should be a booster button somewhere.
It usually has a 12v cig lighter adapter on the same plate.
That little button when pushed in, there should be a light that comes on.
You won't get anything if that is not on.
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:34 PM   #3

I have the xlr 300x14. The little button is in the garage on the left as soon as you go thru the sliding glass doors. Go to Camping World and buy the Jack antenna and replace the factory antenna. It's very simple only two pins. The Jack cost around $50.00. I was so tired of not getting tv that I went to camping world to buy a satellite and the salesman there talked me into the Jack. I am sure glad he did because it works and is a whole lot cheaper.
Jeff Auton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:56 AM   #4

Thanks I will try the suggestions, I have found the green light button but same results, if you have any details on the part from CW it would help. Thanks
fast11970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:14 AM   #5

did you change the TV settings to AIR from cable and re-scan??
Old 05-07-2014, 07:26 AM   #6

My old trailers antenna was the same bat wing as the one on my new trailer and the old one picked up so much more and better. I don't know if it's the television, amplifier or antenna that is the problem. Going to narrow it down soon by putting our other tv in the new camper that should take one thing out of the equation.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:15 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgahlhoff View Post
did you change the TV settings to AIR from cable and re-scan??
x2

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:24 AM   #8

I'm going through a similar issue. check that you are getting 12v between the center wire and the outer at the antenna end of the cable when the green light is lit on the booster. if that's good, then you have a good cable run from the booster to the antenna. if not, then check the output of the booster where it connects to the antenna wire for 12v. if you do not have 12v, then the boosters it toast.. if you have 12v at the booster and not at the antenna, then you have a bad cable run between the booster and the antenna. if that all checks out, then you need to check the cable for continuity between the tv and the booster (disconnect it and short the center pin and outer together with a jumper of some sort and test for continuity at the other end to verify the cable is OK. if that all checks out, then either your antenna is shot or the tv is shot/misconfigured.

in my case, I get 12v at the booster, but not the antenna end, so I'll be pulling a new coax cable from the antenna to the booster.
I purchased a Jack antenna to replace the batwing, but haven't had a change to use it yet since my wire is shot. that's Saturday's project along with washing the roof and putting a coat of UV protectant.

State's we've RVed in
Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:11 PM   #9

The antenna from camping world is item number 68414 Jack Digital HDTV Antenna Replacement Head. It is on sale right now for $38.21. It does work. Before I purchased on I would go to state parks and not get any tv. I now have as many as 30 channels in the same parks.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #10

Jeff, was that just a remove and replace job?
Old 05-07-2014, 01:57 PM   #11

It was a remove and replace job. There is only two pins with a slip ring to remove and replace. You have to unscrew the coax cable from the old and screw it back into the Jack. It's very simple.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Auton View Post
It was a remove and replace job. There is only two pins with a slip ring to remove and replace. You have to unscrew the coax cable from the old and screw it back into the Jack. It's very simple.
Mine required a tiny bit a filing. one of the old square tubes would hang up on the under side of the bracket. I took a file to the edge and clearanced it enough to not rub and good to go.

I do wish it came with shorter pins since the bracket was not as wide as the old batwing, but it's not a big deal.

State's we've RVed in
Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, antennae