Old 04-03-2015, 09:37 AM   #31
Any photos of party Deck on XLR hyper lite 29hfs? And a few other questions

Updated install instructions for Anderson WD Hitch

Very impressed w ease of use of Anderson hitch - make sure your truck and TH with TH on truck - make sure they are level together before any other adjustments

Move adjustable ball hitch up or down to get level (I had to turn my hitch bracket upside down to get level)- this will save you lots of time - plus the hitch will be working properly from the start this way --- or you could do the way I did and really see how different adjustments made huge differences ( don't recommend lol)

Once level and hooked up install chains to TH make sure to put bracket as far back w no threads showing DO NOT TIGHTEN brackets --

- once hooked up to triangle plate and plate is connected to hitch with TH Jack raise TH while connected to TV - this will create slack in the chains - when you find your not gaining any more slack move brackets back as far they will go - - make sure triangle plate is straight per picture in install guide - make sure big washers are installed before nut( backside of bushing) then tighten TH brackets in place ---

Disengage TH Jack this will tighten chains (WD system) and torque nuts to 90lbs

If your front end still seems like it's floating (not enough weight transferred to front axle) - adjust nuts - tighten one thread at a time and drive to check
Or the opposite if you feel too much weight on front axle

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!

Play Harder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:39 AM   #32
Steve . Had the hitch in a week after ordering . you've got the correct one picked out . I think we can get away with the 4" drop/rise but got the 8 to be sure . does not get in the way of the tail gate at all . leaving here monday the 6th stop in St' Louis for a day and then off to Couches on Wed ! getting excited . will be leaving couches on Thursday. Stop back in the St.Louis area to visit folks for a week , insulate the 29 underneath of the unit and what ever else i can do before heading back to Co on the 23rd. Where i will load up and then off to west Yellowstone for the summer taking care of campers at the mountian side KOA

northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:48 PM   #33
Thanks for the conformation on the hitch delivery time and model. Looking forward to your additional reviews and PICTURES...

Learned a lot from so many people on this forum. Can't wait till I have my 29HFS at the end of the month so I can give back to the community.

Have a safe trip next week...
2015 XLR Hyperlite 29HFS (installing mods...)
2004 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.0L
stevejd235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:50 PM   #34
Play Harder,
Once again, your detailed information will help myself and others have an enjoyable experience with the Andersen Hitch.

Have a great camping season...

2015 XLR Hyperlite 29HFS (installing mods...)
2004 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.0L
stevejd235 is online now   Reply With Quote