Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #1

Anyone Use a Pullrite or Hensley on TT

Considering a pullrite. Anyone have experience with either a pullrite or Hensley for a travel trailer (27HFS) when off road? My concerns are clearance and articulation when towing off road in the desert.
GaryRudolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

I love my Pullrite and the customer service after the sale is beyond belief.
I really can't say enough great things about Scott Rasely. When I was considering a used one, I was worried about the install. He was VERY patient with me; sent him email photos of the unit; assured me it was in good shape; talked me through how to install it; verified "I did a good job" and called me later to make sure I was happy with the hitch.

Recently I called the customer service in Indiana about the hitch as it was getting a bit noisy (2.5 years later and MANY road trips). The said that Scott would be in my area visiting dealers and he would stop by. He completely checked out my hitch; replaced some worn parts; (even the rubber release handle cover); and declared it ready to go as a "courtesy repair." Did I mention I bought this hitch used?

While I try not to spend a lot of time driving through ditches, I have camped at campgrounds with "roads" that were rougher than Tank Trails at military bases. Only once was I worried about a bed strike; SHARP turn while descending about a 15 degree sloped road to the camp site; I got out and dropped the tailgate to be safe (it was going to be close). I need not have worried, but I felt better safe than sorry. (If you happen to camp at the KOA in Kingsport, TN, pass along my regards - Very nice people - be careful getting to your spot).

I am sure Hensley has a good product, but my experience with Pull-Rite has been unbelievable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100c_12.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	11427  
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote