Old 01-16-2016, 09:15 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyenbio View Post
I agree but the little ones are only 8,10,and 12 years old. Will be camping with us for a while and considering the garage will be their bedroom also, the half bath would be great. Five people total and the bath would be a blessing when the kids argue about it.

We camp almost every month, usually with 100 miles or so but there are trips that can be a few hundred miles.
Good point. My half bath was mainly used by friends at the races who didn't want to use the Porta-Johns. Nasty.

Former Forest River Campers:
2004 Puma 30FQSS
2010 Sabre 31QBDS
2014 Work & Play 30WRS
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 09:50 AM   #22

It's a shame that the pin weights have increased so much, that was a big selling point for my 395. I have a '15 SRW F350 CCSB with a payload of 3500 lbs. and almost every other brand toyhauler I looked at would have put me at or above that number.

I scaled my 395 on the way down to Myrtle Beach this summer, fully loaded for a week at the beach (empty garage) and I weighed in around 2800 on the pin. I also have just about every option, but I only have the standard 12v battery and factory pin box, which would account for me being a tick lower than Rodney's weight. His pin weight is probably lower now that he has the 3 season doors installed.

Rodney, has Stan ever had his 375 weighed? It would be interesting to see what his weighs compared to the new one that Bob weighed for Nguyenbio.

Old 01-16-2016, 10:13 AM   #23

I would really like to know Stan's scaled numbers if he ever weighed it.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:18 AM   #24

I don't believe he ever weighed his due to him having a DRW. And Tony, I don't think the weights really went up.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:06 AM   #25

I don't have anything to offer other than if you really like the trailer and want that floorplan its time to upgrade to a dually. It sounds like for your needs the 1/2 bath would be worthwhile to keep on the option list. Big toys require bigger toys sometimes.

I know my position and Rodney's position differ on this, but I'm not sure why people are so afraid of duallies. Mine is a driveway queen, 16k and almost 3 years old, and not a DD. I would DD it if the need arose. The length of the CCLB is a lot more trouble in parking lots than the width. Personally, with my Ford I like that the truck is about 5" lower than the SRW. Makes getting in and out of the bed much easier, and the trailer can ride nice and level with maximum bedrail clearance.
2016 Nights camped 5
ferguson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 11:12 AM   #26
Site Team

I have to commend FR for changing the pin weights to be more reflective of the true pin weight. To me this is a step in the right direction for the safety of all who buy fivers and don't understand loaded dry pin weights.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 11:13 AM   #27

On mine they changed it away from the true pin weight asquared.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:58 PM   #28

Rodney...you are correct, never weighed mine since I have a DRW. I drive my DRW as my main transportation and when I ever replace my truck it will be another DRW, most likely 450. The 450 has a little tighter turning radius and not that much more in price difference than the 350.

We love the floor plan of our 375 and having the second bath is a plus for us since our son still goes with us when he's not working. Also, the 375 was one of the models that had the residential fridge upgrade and we love our residential fridge.

Stan

2016 XLR 375 AMP Thunderbolt
2014 F350 Lariat FX4 DRW (Fully Deleted)
darvinstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 02:44 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferguson65 View Post
I don't have anything to offer other than if you really like the trailer and want that floorplan its time to upgrade to a dually. It sounds like for your needs the 1/2 bath would be worthwhile to keep on the option list. Big toys require bigger toys sometimes.

I know my position and Rodney's position differ on this, but I'm not sure why people are so afraid of duallies. Mine is a driveway queen, 16k and almost 3 years old, and not a DD. I would DD it if the need arose. The length of the CCLB is a lot more trouble in parking lots than the width. Personally, with my Ford I like that the truck is about 5" lower than the SRW. Makes getting in and out of the bed much easier, and the trailer can ride nice and level with maximum bedrail clearance.
I agree completely. It's funny how everyone wants these monster toy haulers, but not the truck to go with it. My dually is also a driveway queen, as I walk to work. Length is definately more of an issue parking than the extra wheels are.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 04:32 PM   #30

Not every monster toyhauler requires a DRW Dave. Mine certainly doesn't. More models than not do but if you want to find one that works with a SRW, they are out there. You just need to figure out what your priorities are. If the floorplan of the RV is more important then you may well need a DRW because there are so few choices out there with pin weights that suite a SRW. IF driving a SRW daily is more important, you will need to pick from the limited units that will work with it. We just happened to be VERY lucky in that the 395 was the exact floor plan we wanted and it happened to work for a SRW which I also preferred. I had originally planned to upgrade to a DRW 350 or a 450 when the 2017 Fords came out. However, after about 10,000 miles this year through all kinds of conditions (hills, wind, traffic, etc.) my truck was so stable and handled the 395 so well that when the 17's come out I'm ordering another SB SRW albeit a CC this time. Was I prepared to drive a 450 every day? Yep. Does the increased cost make any difference to me? Nope. Hell, I love to spend money and look for any excuse to buy the biggest and the best. In this case though I'd be spending more to get a truck that suites me less.