Old 03-22-2015, 07:30 AM   #11

Tadi brothers have very nice systems. They really took the time on the phone and explained everything. The wireless system is the way to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Plug32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:40 AM   #12

Wireless does seem like a good thing. Just hope the wireless signals from the cameras wouldn't mess with the wireless signals from the TPMS...

2016 Ford Fusion Titanium (gulping gas again, camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:42 AM   #13

In my experience, no conflict at all. Had both on my last rig and new one will have both too...
Old 03-22-2015, 08:52 PM   #14

Flybob x2.
This is what I have, too. I put one on the TH and the other on the truck. It would be pretty cool to have one in garage to keep an eye on things, but another umbilical would be too much, but the hardware and cameras are very nice. The larger monitor helps too. My only complaint sounds silly, but I only was provided 65' cables, and might have only needed 20' for the truck. I cut it down rather than coil up that much under the truck. This wired setup is hands down better than wireless. No interference, perfect images and works quite well in near total darkness.

I like the microphones built in as well.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:55 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Flybob x2.
This is what I have, too. I put one on the TH and the other on the truck. It would be pretty cool to have one in garage to keep an eye on things, but another umbilical would be too much, but the hardware and cameras are very nice. The larger monitor helps too. My only complaint sounds silly, but I only was provided 65' cables, and might have only needed 20' for the truck. I cut it down rather than coil up that much under the truck. This wired setup is hands down better than wireless. No interference, perfect images and works quite well in near total darkness.

Only if you compare cheap wireless to wired. My wireless was 100% clear with zero interference and that was 50 feet back from the monitor. You get what you pay for and cheap wireless gives the good units a bad name.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:04 PM   #16

I was also looking for a system on the cheap. Many low(er) end wireless systems suffer interference from bluetooth devices, which my truck has. Put together this wired setup for ~$45 US + cables:

Amazon.com : EskyŽ EC170-11 World Smallest HD Color CCD Waterproof Vehicle Car Rear View Backup Camera, 170 Degree Viewing Angle Rearview Camera- Size: 0.86*0.65*0.50 inch (No Guideline Version) : Car Electronics

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The monitor has 2 camera inputs, it would require a switch.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:17 PM   #17

The wireless system I had was cheap. I don't know what I paid. Sometimes, I could view over other's cameras, including inside business and homes. Had to add a repeater to work on the back of the unit. Interference all the time. I hope a $1000 system would be as good as my $400 wired system.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:19 PM   #18

Mine was about $650 for wireless and one camera. For me, the $250 more than a wired was worth not installing wired...
Old 03-23-2015, 10:36 AM   #19

Mine was around $400 including the optional umbilical cord (which is nice, by the way) and can handle a third camera ($100), but to the trailer (I think) would take another umbilical. I don't know how long it would take a DIYer to install wireless, but it took me all day to install wired with 2 cameras. Most of the time was trying to fish wire from the top center of the ramp door to the bottom. I did manage to fish across the top but never got down the side walls and ran them on the surface; inside the garage.

It might be possible to feed 2 cameras in that single umbilical, there is an extra wire or two.

I spend another hour cutting and splicing the truck cameral cable shorter on a different day.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:43 AM   #20

The wireless only took me about 30 minutes from start to finish. Drill a hole above your three rear center marker lamps and install the supplied rubber grommet, tap the feed to said lights to power the camera, screw camera bracket to trailer above grommet, and mount camera to bracket. This was the primary reason I chose wireless. To get wireless that works over a long distance without a repeater while still having a clear picture is pricy as mentioned though...

Tags
back up camera