Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2016, 05:34 PM   #1

back-up/rearview camera wiring not working

Our 2017 29HFS came pre-wired for a wireless back-up/rearview camera The bracket is mounted above the center running lights above the rear garage door.

When I plugged the camera in to the pre-wired connector, I don't get power. Tried it with running lights on, in reverse and with loading ramp lights (reverse lights) on. The paperwork that came with the camera says that FR wires the camera to the running light circuit.

Any ideas where a fuse might be in that wiring? Any ideas how to get to the wiring above the garage door: do I go through the ceiling or by removing lights on the exterior?
whr2nxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:26 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by whr2nxt View Post
Our 2017 29HFS came pre-wired for a wireless back-up/rearview camera The bracket is mounted above the center running lights above the rear garage door.

When I plugged the camera in to the pre-wired connector, I don't get power. Tried it with running lights on, in reverse and with loading ramp lights (reverse lights) on. The paperwork that came with the camera says that FR wires the camera to the running light circuit.

Any ideas where a fuse might be in that wiring? Any ideas how to get to the wiring above the garage door: do I go through the ceiling or by removing lights on the exterior?
What camera did you get?
Toneaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:57 PM   #3

I bought a Furrion FOS48. The Furrion bracket was factory mounted to my TH by FR. The power cord for the monitor comes with a stub to plug in the camera. I suspect this is to aid pairing the camera to the monitor so you don't need two people. Plugged into the stub, the camera power light lights up.

It may be a reverse polarity situation (+12v and ground reversed). I will try to check that tomorrow. I think there is enough extra wire to cut and reverse the wiring if thats the issue. If not....
Old 10-10-2016, 05:04 PM   #4

I had that exact problem. I ended up taking the Furrion mount off and found one of the power wires wasn't in the crimp connector. I redid the crimp and it works great now. My dealer is a 2 hour drive so I wasn't about to take it in for a simple problem.

Exlimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:13 PM   #5
XLR Production

Look under the bed behind the generator. You will see the wire curled up there. It will need to be hooked to up to the running light or if you prefer you can hook it directly to a constant hot wire. There was a miss understanding on the term "Pre-wire" in the electrical department.
bulletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:23 PM   #6

I also have a 2017 29hfs but do not see any wiring in the back for a read view camera. Can anyone tell me when that option went into production
burbs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbs1 View Post
I also have a 2017 29hfs but do not see any wiring in the back for a read view camera. Can anyone tell me when that option went into production
I believe an early production 2017 model wouldn't have the pre-installed wires. Anything built after August 2016 should have the new graphics and backup camera wires.

Does your decals look like this:

Or this:
Toneaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:05 PM   #8

Definitely second photo, and a build date in late March 2016. That would be an awesome feature. Looks like wireless it is. Thanks for the response. Love my 29hfs regardless
burbs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 04:09 PM   #9

Got the camera working. I have been without internet access for a couple weeks so my follow-up is late. I took the camera bracket off and fished out the wiring connections. No power to those wires no matter what I did to the TV lights. So I ended up removing the center running lights and wiring the camera power cord into those connections. Now I have the camera active whenever the running lights are on. I did not follow the original power wires to see if they are under the bed behind the generator, or in the generator space, as bulletbob suggested, as I already had it rewired when I got his message. But I will see if the wires go there. As I recall, the pre-installed wires were white and white with a blue stripe. I'll see if I can find the other end.

Tags
wiring