Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2015, 03:23 PM   #1
John513

Bathroom Shower Wall

Hey anyone have any problems with there plastic shower wall or surround expanding or pulling away from wall. where it screws to the wall and in between the screw points it bows out. When its cooler inside its fine, but when its a little warmer like 70 it bows out breaking the silicone bead between the shower surround and wall. I will try to post pics soon.
JohnRiordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:22 PM   #2

Mine did the same thing... The faux plastic diamond plate in the garage too. The double sided tape didn't hold. I added more matching screws in the shower. Pushed hard into the diamond plate and its holding for now

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:34 PM   #3
John513

Thank you WW, I was thinking of some adhesive silicone behind the wall too, and definitely put a few more screws in.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRiordan View Post
Thank you WW, I was thinking of some adhesive silicone behind the wall too, and definitely put a few more screws in.
I was thinking John,
If these were built in the cold. It may be possible to heat it up, even adding heat gun CAREFULLY then push down good. It might seal... might be worth a try before adding silicone or screws. It must have been 90 in the trailer when I pushed the "diamond plate" down good and it has help. Once it gets really hot I will know more.
WW - MM

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 04-10-2015, 03:39 PM   #5

Mine did the same thing but it was the plastic shower wall and the wallpaper pulled loose from the backing. It was under warranty so I took it back to the dealer and he applied some kind of trim piece around the whole thing that reattached everything to the backing. It seems to have worked because no more issues with it now.
whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmw View Post
Mine did the same thing but it was the plastic shower wall and the wallpaper pulled loose from the backing. It was under warranty so I took it back to the dealer and he applied some kind of trim piece around the whole thing that reattached everything to the backing. It seems to have worked because no more issues with it now.
Exactly, W. If the vinyl comes loose I would add screws, so look at that first John.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 04-10-2015, 04:44 PM   #7
John513

I was thinking about trimming it out also like they did for whitmw. I'm not in a position at the moment to get it to a dealer so I'd like to fix myself for time being. I was also thinking of taking out all screws and let heat up then come back and screw down after its expanded some more.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:33 AM   #8

Some kind of trim would be much nicer looking than screws, for sure. But, there were already a bunch in place. Removing screws leaves a mess.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas

Tags
roo, show, shower