Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2015, 05:45 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kcj View Post
I'm having a problem with the black handled valve between the axles on my XLR Thunderbolt. It won't budge. So I started searching here for some help. After reading this, I sure would love to see some sort of diagram that shows all my tanks and lines plus where the valves are. With the under belly completely closed up, I have no idea what's connected together or even where the tanks are. I'll admit I'm new to RVing, but it seems like this shouldn't be that hard to find. Does this sort of thing exist?

John

2015 XLR Thunderbolt 375
John, Sorry but unless you drop that underbelly you will not know. I have never seen one. There has been a lot of complaints about valves that are wired attached that the wire hangs up on things. Don't know if that is your problem but if it has a wire on the pull handle, just might be. You might have to cut an inspection whole to find out. Sometimes they might show something in a brochure but that's it. There is an XLR rep that monitors this to help I think, you might have to do a search.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:12 PM   #62

Thanks for the reply. I think I will end up cutting through the underbelly to see what's going on...I know we have stuff still in the tank, so it needs to be emptied. Hopefully it won't be too big of a project. It's so solid right now that I'm afraid I will break it if I pull any harder.
2kcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:42 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
Another good question is why the redundant valve in the first place?

Could be when the weather is warm it's ok the have black water to the outer valve . but when you're out when it's below freezing using the further hard to reach valve would be better , leaving the rest empty . just a thought
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:09 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kcj View Post
Thanks for the reply. I think I will end up cutting through the underbelly to see what's going on...I know we have stuff still in the tank, so it needs to be emptied. Hopefully it won't be too big of a project. It's so solid right now that I'm afraid I will break it if I pull any harder.
It could also be frozen, don't know where you live?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:02 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
It could also be frozen, don't know where you live?
Glenn he lives in Missouri,but we don't know where he is at? Could be in Fla/Tex on Vacation? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:00 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexGent View Post
Hey all, just dawned on me tonight when I was emptying the tanks on my hyperlight. My grey water valve for the bathroom tank is actually behind the black water valve! In other words, if I only want to empty the grey water tank, I have to open the black water valve. We all know what that means

Is this the case with all the hyperlight 29hfs??? Or is mine the special one Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Mine was correct. You are special, but not that special

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, water, valve